GitHub Issue #1406

CCExtractor.org CI Platform

Dec 22, 2021, 1:02:23 PM12/22/21
to ccextra...@googlegroups.com
[QUESTION] what's the problem with my raw 708 data from vanc? (No captions were found in input.) - emcodem
Link to Issue: https://www.github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/1406
emcodem

CCExtractor version: Version: 0.93

  • Is this a regression (i.e. did it work before)? {NO}
  • What platform did you use? {Window}
  • What were the used arguments? ccextractorwinfull.exe -608 -in=raw C:\temp\vanc.bin -o c:\temp\out.srt

Additional information

This is a raw dump of ancillary packets recorded from Blackmagic Decklink SDI, the captions were inserted by FAB subtitler. When i feed it to ccextractor, the stuff seems to be autodetected as 608 instead of 708, also i get "No captions were found in input" but the debug log shows someting at least. For example (from 608 debug): ~- ~Ch~ar~ma~nt~e ~Un~te~rt~it~ezzzQengA?t^@f PAC: 16 69 -- Position: 8:0, color: red, font: underlined

The part "Charmante Untertite" is actually one part of the subtitles i was looking for. Is this a problem with the data format of my raw file or more like missing functionality in the 608/708 decoders vanc.zip ?