GitHub Issue #1449

CCExtractor.org CI Platform

Aug 17, 2022, 10:05:15 PM8/17/22
to ccextra...@googlegroups.com
[BUG] windows v0.94 truncates output file to last subtitle (with 708 CCs) - julowe
Link to Issue: https://www.github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/1449
julowe

CCExtractor version: 0.94 windows only

In raising this issue, I confirm the following:

  • I have read and understood the contributors guide.
  • I have checked that the bug-fix I am reporting can be replicated, or that the feature I am suggesting isn't already present.
  • I have checked that the issue I'm posting isn't already reported.
  • I have checked that the issue I'm porting isn't already solved and no duplicates exist in closed issues and in opened issues
  • I have checked the pull requests tab for existing solutions/implementations to my issue/suggestion.
  • I have used the latest available version of CCExtractor to verify this issue exists.

Necessary information

  • Is this a regression (i.e. did it work before)? Yes, worked in command line windows v0.93 (no option in GUI for 708 CCs)
  • What platform did you use? Windows
  • What were the used arguments? --gui_mode_reports -autoprogram --nofontcolor -dru --service 1

Video links

Additional information

When using the windows gui or command line, CCExtractor will output all expected 708 CCs to the .p0.svc01.srt file, but will then truncate it to the last set of CCs.

This fails for v0.94 on windows, but works on all tested versions in linux and most versions in windows. Testing info below:

Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

ccextractor 0.87 from apt standard repos command: -svc all -nofc -dru get: empty .srt file. good .p0.svc01.srt file with 9 sets of CCs (expected amount)

ccextractor 0.94, compiled from github commit ca303d, 2022-04-11 command: -svc all -nofc -dru get: empty .srt file. good .p0.svc01.srt file with 9 sets of CCs, but has different timings in srt file and a last line of N/ that is not in 0.87 linux output. (File also has trailing whitespace differences)

Windows 10 stable 1809 VM

Edge developer virtual box image downloaded from microsoft, on above linux host os

ccextractor 0.87 portable binary, gui command: --gui_mode_reports -out=srt -lf -bom -utf8 --nofontcolor -dru -svc 1 [+input files] get: empty .srt file. good .p0.svc01.srt file (same output as 0.87 linux)

ccextractor 0.88 portable binary, gui command: --gui_mode_reports -out=srt -bom -utf8 --nofontcolor -dru -svc 1 [+input files] get: good, same output as with 0.87 portable binary (and same output as 0.87 linux)

did not test intervening versions.

ccextractor 0.93 msi, installed, gui no option for 708 captions, so no output when ran with command: --gui_mode_reports -autoprogram --nofontcolor -dru get: empty .srt file and did not output .p0.svc01.srt file (as expected)

ccextractor 0.93 msi, installed, command line command: -autoprogram --nofontcolor -dru --service 1 get: good, same as with 0.87 portable binary (and same output as 0.87 linux)

ccextractor 0.94 msi, installed, gui can not select .mov file or drag into program. need to click 'add more files' then type * in file box and hit enter and then can select file. command: --gui_mode_reports -autoprogram +[input files] (default command) command: --gui_mode_reports -autoprogram --nofontcolor -dru --service 1 +[input files] get from both: empty .srt file. final .p0.svc01.srt file only has last set of CCs, but intially CCExtractor puts out same 9 sets as linux 0.94 of CCs and then truncates file to last set

Questions

Is it the expected behavior to output an empty {filename}.srt and have the 708 CCs only in {filename}.p0.svc01.srt? Or is this an odd behavior edge case, or is CCExtractor operating as expected on a weird file? This is not ideal as I know some less experienced users/customers I am trying to pass usage instructions on to will be confused.

Can the windows gui be configured to allow all files to be selected and dragged in? I can create a separate issue for this, but wasn't sure if this was a design decision or if I missed an option somewhere.