GitHub Issue #1414

CCExtractor.org CI Platform

Feb 7, 2022, 12:17:05 AM2/7/22
to ccextra...@googlegroups.com
[ISSUE] DVD Closed Captions do not extract, instantly crashes. Remuxing same .vob to .mpg and it extracts fine - r0ckingit
Link to Issue: https://www.github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/1414
r0ckingit

CCExtractor version: CCExtractor 0.94, Carlos Fernandez Sanz, Volker Quetschke.

In raising this issue, I confirm the following:

  • I have read and understood the contributors guide.
  • I have checked that the bug-fix I am reporting can be replicated, or that the feature I am suggesting isn't already present.
  • I have checked that the issue I'm posting isn't already reported.
  • I have checked that the issue I'm porting isn't already solved and no duplicates exist in closed issues and in opened issues
  • I have checked the pull requests tab for existing solutions/implementations to my issue/suggestion.
  • I have used the latest available version of CCExtractor to verify this issue exists.
  • I have ticked all the boxes in this section and to prove it I'm deleting the section completely to remove boilerplate text.

Necessary information

  • Is this a regression (i.e. did it work before)? NO
  • What platform did you use? Windows
  • What were the used arguments? ccextractor -utf8 +[input files]

Video links

  • Will provide in private upon request

Additional information

Since upgrading to versions with the new GUI, I've seen an increase (but not always) where CCextractor instantly crashes with the above command line. In this particular case, comparing 0.88 (previous version I used) to 0.94 (current), in 0.88 it gets to about 62 minutes into the .vob file before it crashes. In 0.94, it crashes instantly when I click to process or start via cmd line. Interestingly, if I first re-mux this .vob file to .mpg and run the resulting new file through ccextractor, it is able to extract the closed captions fine without crashing. I also tried re-muxing to .mkv format, but got a differing error (no crash, just unable to read mkv for whichever reason)

Faulting application name: ccextractorwin.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bcfb9aa Faulting module name: ccextractorwin.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bcfb9aa Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00073393 Faulting process id: 0x26d4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d81bdd7715b214 Faulting application path: ccextractorwin.exe Faulting module path: ccextractorwin.exe Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

ccextractorwinfull.exe has stopped working Windows can check online for a solution to the problem. Check online for a solution and close the program Check online for a solution later and close the program

I can provide the video file (or both variations) in private if requested and comfortable.