Ending balances

Martin Hittelman

Apr 7, 2022, 8:18:56 PM4/7/22
to Apple Marty
Districts are not spending their funding on offering classes. See attached ending balances. No wonder enrollment is decreasing. AB 705 has also contributed in those districts that are not offering any pre-transfer classes in English and Math.
Marty Hittelman
ending balance percentage.xlsx

Andrew Park

Apr 7, 2022, 8:35:00 PM4/7/22
to cccse...@googlegroups.com, Apple Marty
Someone needs to ask the highly paid administrators and their consultants this question: How willing are they to bet their job that "17.5 productivity" can be achieved by cuts in class schedules and cancellation of "low-enrolled sections"?

Based on what we have seen (at Peralta) both pre-pandemic and during pandemic, my guess is "17.5 productivity" is no longer a reasonable productivity target based on underlying fundamentals (whether that's because fewer and fewer community college instructors are willing to teach huge sections with 100+ students in it, or it's because of underlying changes in our student population, particularly with UCs and CSUs expanding), and somehow all our administrators are on some kind of "suicide mission" for 17.5 productivity---and none of them are the first to get hurt when the mission predictably fails (and none of them are willing---or able---to critically underlying assumptions around the 17.5 productivity number).

Thank you for sharing, Marty.

--
This group has NOT been established or endorsed by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its Executive Committee. This discussion group is not moderated, and any opinion expressed is solely that of its author.
---