Request for help with my civic engagement survey

debra_klein

Oct 25, 2022, 7:44:20 PM10/25/22
to CCCSenates

Dear Colleagues,

Hi! I’m working on a project investigating how to build and sustain a civic engagement program at my college, Gavilan College in Gilroy. The goal of this survey is to get a sense of what kinds of civic engagement programs exist throughout our 115 colleges. Would you please take a few moments to fill out this survey about your college’s civic engagement program or offerings (even if your college does not have such a program or offerings)?

Please click here for the survey.

I'm working on this project because I think civic engagement programs help empower students to become change agents in their lives and communities. Such programs often provide life-changing opportunities for our students to work on problems our world needs to solve—problems in education, health, housing, climate, digital access, human rights, justice systems, racial healing, and more.

An example of a well-established civic engagement program in our system is De Anza College’s VIDA, Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action, with the mission of “working to empower students to become agents of change in their communities and beyond; to foster education that meets the needs of the communities we serve; and to help develop pathways to meaningful participation in local, state and federal government decision-making processes."

Thank you very much for your time!

~ Debbie Klein

Anthropology Instructor | Gavilan College

Past President | Faculty Association of California Community Colleges (FACCC)

debra_klein

Nov 6, 2022, 12:16:03 PM11/6/22
to CCCSenates
Hi All,

Thank you so much to those of you who already filled out my survey! I would really appreciate hearing from some more colleges out there. So far, I've heard from around 11% of our colleges.

Thank you!
~ Debbie