District Academic Senates Query

Kathryn Maurer

Feb 28, 2023, 6:06:34 PM2/28/23
to cccse...@googlegroups.com
Hello Colleagues,

I am reaching out to this group to gather some guidance from other colleges in multi-college districts who have both college senates and a district academic senate. Here are some of the questions we're asking (along with any other guidance you might have about the roles/relationships between college/district senates):
  1. Do you have formal constitutions for both the college senates and the district senate? (If so, we'd love to see some examples of district academic senate constitutions!)
  2. What types of issues go to your district academic senate, and do they bypass the college academic senates as individual bodies or go through them first?
  3. Assuming you have both district academic senate presidents and college academic senate presidents, what is the role of your district academic senate president?
Also, if you are from a college in a multi-college district with only one academic senate, is this a college or a district senate?

Thank you in advance for any input you can share with us about this topic!

Best regards,

Kathryn Maurer
FHDA District Academic Senate President 2022-2023

Minodora M Moldoveanu

Mar 9, 2023, 5:27:23 PM3/9/23
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

Good afternoon colleagues,

Compton College needs to design the Sabbatical Leave Application form. If your college has an application, if you would be so kind to share so the taskforce could see some samples to help guide our process, I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you very much for your time!

Warm regards,

Minodora Moldoveanu, Ed. D.

Communication Studies Professor

Academic Senate President

Compton College

310-900-1600 x 2242

--
This group has NOT been established or endorsed by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its Executive Committee. This discussion group is not moderated, and any opinion expressed is solely that of its author.
---

Suman Mudunuri

Mar 9, 2023, 6:47:03 PM3/9/23
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

Here is our version. Hope it helps.

https://www.lbcc.edu/sites/main/files/file-attachments/sabbatical-application-packet.pdf?1656348719

Suman Mudunuri

Academic Senate President, ’21-‘23

Professor, Computer and Office Studies

She/Her/Hers

Mar 10, 2023, 8:16:50 PM3/10/23
to cccse...@googlegroups.com
When you do let me know.  We have a form but have to ever had one go through

Cherise Mantia

Mar 11, 2023, 4:27:05 PM3/11/23
to cccse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Minodora,

Here is the Gavilan College FPLC website.  We have Sabbatical forms for your review.

I am looking forward to meeting you next week.

Best,
Cherise

--

Cherise Mantia, M.A.