Process to Set Up Legal Representation for Local Senate

jarzola01

May 17, 2022, 3:04:21 PM5/17/22
to CCCSenates
Hey Colegas,

I am writing to see if anyone has any insight on the processes to set up legal representation for local senates.

Juan

Raeanne Napoleon

May 19, 2022, 5:50:43 PM5/19/22
to CCCSenates
Hi,

I don't know about a process, per se, but I obtained legal counsel, by way of our own college's attorney, for our local senate when the Board of Trustees accused us of violating the Brown Act when we did our vote of no confidence for the Board itself. Long story short - we set up a GoFundMe to pay for the legal services to provide an opinion. I was the Senate President at the time.

Please let me know if you'd like more information. I am happy to share our experience.

Raeanne Napoleon
Santa Barbara City College