Equity curriculum and changes at your college

Lewellen, R. Michelle

Feb 15, 2021, 12:23:44 PM2/15/21
to cccsenates
I am Michelle Lewellen, current full-time faculty, and a past-Faculty Senate President at Cerritos College. I am working on a project to identify what changes are being made throughout the California Community Colleges regarding the cultural and societal shifts that we all have been witness to over the last year. Specifically, I am interested in what resolutions have been passed, any novel curriculum that has been developed, as well as other changes at CA community colleges that reflect the cultural changes that have occurred in the last year. I am collecting these ideas to post on a website for anyone in the system to reference and use to develop ideas for their own college. I believe that this will be beneficial for faculty and colleges as we go forward trying to increase equity education across our curriculum.

I'm really excited to pull these ideas together in an effort to make sure every student has the same opportunities to succeed. Feel free to contact me directly mlew...@cerritos.edu or respond here. If you have contact information regarding another faculty at your college, who may be facilitating these changes for the college, I work really appreciate that information as well.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you.

Michelle

R. Michelle Lewellen, Ed.D.
Professor, Psychology
Cerritos College
11110 Alondra Blvd.
Norwalk, CA, 90605
562-860-2451 x2778

Kathryn Maurer

Feb 19, 2021, 9:22:30 AM2/19/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michelle/Everyone,

I'm the new AS President here at Foothill College (and a FT anthropology instructor) - happy to meet everyone, and can I just say I really enjoy seeing the Q&A from this group?!

I am attaching a resolution we just passed last week related to our equity efforts from within the academic senate. This resolution links to some other resolutions we passed last June, as well as providing a link to a very bold Strategic Vision for Equity put together by our wonderful team in our Equity Office. Happy to answer any questions anyone might have. I also look forward to seeing the resources you compile - will a link be shared?

All the best,

Kathryn

Kathryn Maurer, PhD.
Anthropology Instructor / Academic Senate President
Foothill College
Virtual Campus for 2020-2021 - email is the best way to contact
she/her/hers

--
This group has NOT been established or endorsed by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its Executive Committee. This discussion group is not moderated, and any opinion expressed is solely that of its author.
---