Competency Based Education Process

cheris...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 1:36:34 PM10/6/21
to CCCSenates
Hello,

Gavilan's Academic Senate is being asked about Competency Based Education Process.  We have passed a BP and AP on Credit for Prior Learning.  Is anyone working on a Competency Based Education Process?  And if you are working on it, how is it going?

Thank you so much,
Cherise Mantia
Academic Senate President Gavilan College

Uyeki, Chisato

Oct 6, 2021, 7:17:34 PM10/6/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com, Nguyen, Kim-Leiloni

Hi Cherise,

This is from the faculty member who has been coordinating our CBE work, Loni Nguyen:

Cherise,

We are one of 8 CC in the CCCCO’s pilot CBE project.  We started in June 2021 so there are many unanswered questions but we are definitely excited.  I’ll be happy to share what we have done so far if you’re interested.  Just email me kng...@mtsac.edu your availability.

Loni

Oct 7, 2021, 1:21:46 PM10/7/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

We are going to talk about CBE tomorrow at 10am during the Friday SLO Talk. Hope you can join us: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwsd-2uqTkjE9UhcHxKxqPFkCdUIBbXQ70G

If you plan on attending, please let us know what questions to address: https://oas.rsccd.edu//TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=55I7l45M3976I2

Hope to see you then,

Jarek

Jarek Janio, Ph.D.

Outcomes Assessment Coordinator

Santa Ana College

1530 W. 17th Street

Zoom: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/7639969987

1.714.564.6763

This group has NOT been established or endorsed by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its Executive Committee. This discussion group is not moderated, and any opinion expressed is solely that of its author.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CCCSenates" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cccsenates/5eee864f-a255-405a-aa73-afdaf8c19d3cn%40googlegroups.com.

Caution: This email originated from outside of the district. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you validate the sender and know the content is safe.

Campo, Peggy

Oct 18, 2021, 11:54:19 AM10/18/21
to CCCSenates
Hi Cherise,
At Norco College-RCCD we are having a bit of success with military CPL, which is the lowest hanging fruit (i.e. easiest to articulate) of the different types of competency-based education.  As a matter of fact, we are having our 2nd Military CPL summit coming up on Oct. 29th from 9 am to noon to share much of what we've and several other institutions have learnt regarding Military CPL.  This training is for all skill levels and for many different constituencies (faculty, staff, evaluators, administrators, policy makers, etc.).  The event will have three tracks as well based on your and your college's skill level in MilCPL.  You can hold a spot as space is limited here:  RSVP
Probably of most interest to the field, we will have representatives from the Cal States discussing their new CPL policy (https://calstate.policystat.com/pol).
Hope that helps, somewhat.
Warmest of regards,

Peggy Campo
she/her/hers

Professor, Anatomy and Physiology
Past Academic Senate President
Norco College, Riverside Community College District

(951) 739-7855
Office: ST 201E

"To err is human, to blame someone else is more human yet."  Marcos Mundstock, Les Luthiers

Oct 20, 2021, 4:33:10 PM10/20/21
to CCCSenates
Thank you all so much for your replies and updates on what your colleges are doing.  They are most helpful!