Resolution in favor of vaccinations

Lewellen, R. Michelle

Sep 24, 2021, 8:31:52 PM9/24/21
to cccsenates
Good afternoon,

I'm Michelle Lewellen, a past Faculty Senate President at Cerritos College. Have any of your Senates passed a resolution in favor of mandating vaccines at your school? If so, do you mind sharing?

Thank you,

Dr.  R. Michelle Lewellen
Professor, Psychology
Cerritos College

Raeanne Napoleon

Sep 25, 2021, 10:54:08 AM9/25/21
to CCCSenates
Hi,

Attached is SBCC's vaccine mandate. It is very thorough in my opinion.

The one area that could be improved is that it could define "face coverings" better for everyone. In hindsight, we realized that the only reason we have mask requirements right now only because our local county has one. There are specifics for masks for people that are asking for a religious exemption to the mandate, but not for everyone else.

Also - because California does not allow for religious exemptions for vaccines at the K-12 level and we did in ours, some have criticized that part of our mandate as well. So you'll have to think about what would work for your district and create a battle or not.

I would be very happy to talk with anyone about the shared governance and community battles that it took to get this (this includes, but isn't limited to: literally listing one Superintendent/President, a Vote of No Confidence for some of our Board, a demonstration by faculty, anti-vaxx community members talking for hours at board meetings, hate mail and voice mails for me, and the list goes on). This hasn't been easy, but it has made a big difference in our community.

I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Raeanne Napoleon
AS President, SBCC
https:www.sbcc.edu:boardoftrustees:Apprvd%20Resol%20No.%201%20Covid-19%20Immunization.pdf

Lewellen, R. Michelle

Sep 25, 2021, 1:45:45 PM9/25/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com
Thank you

Dr.  R. Michelle Lewellen
Professor, Psychology
Cerritos College

Sep 27, 2021, 11:56:57 AM9/27/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

No, the Compton College Senate has not passed such a resolution. Our Administration has already made that decision for all faculty to be vaccinated and provided room for religious and medical exemptions.

Minodora Moldoveanu Ed. D.

Academic Senate President

Communication Studies Faculty

Compton College

--

This group has NOT been established or endorsed by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its Executive Committee. This discussion group is not moderated, and any opinion expressed is solely that of its author.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CCCSenates" group.