Role of your College's Senate Executive Board/Officer's Council

Nick Strobel

Feb 2, 2022, 3:15:06 PM2/2/22
to CCCSenates
 I need information on how your local college Senate’s Executive Board / Executive Officers Council operates.

Does your Academic Senate have an Executive Board / Executive Council / Executive Officer Committee consisting of Senate officers (Pres, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.) and maybe other committee faculty chairs (such as Curriculum, Budget, Program Review, etc.) that ADVISES the Senate President? If yes, is that group stated in your Constitution or By-Laws? Does your Executive advisory group abide by the Brown Act for its meetings? (Ours has not so far.)

How have you or your Senate handled Senate matters when the Senate is on recess? Does your Executive Board/Council take care of things during the recess? If yes, has it followed the Brown Act for those meetings (during the recess)?

Questions have arisen about whether or not my college’s E-Board needs to abide by the Brown Act, so I’m asking you all for how you use your advisory group to see what’s happening elsewhere. I would appreciate very much a reply. Thank you!

--
Nick Strobel, Bakersfield Academic Senate President
Astronomy Notes website: