Help Support Ukraine

Minodora M Moldoveanu

Mar 23, 2022, 4:02:03 PM3/23/22
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I received the email below this morning. Please click the Watch Now green button at the bottom of the email.

I then located a LA Times article that identified a few aid organizations from California that are active in Ukraine.

Based on an article from the LA Times, here are some California organizations that are active in Ukraine:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-02-23/how-to-help-ukraine-three-california-organizations

Revived Soldiers Ukraine

What it does: This organization funds medication and medical supplies for field and army hospitals at the front lines of eastern Ukraine. Revived Soldiers Ukraine was founded in 2016 and has since brought 50 wounded Ukrainian soldiers to U.S. hospitals for care.

How you can help: The organization’s president, Iryna Vashchuk Discipio, said they urgently need monetary donations to buy medication and to repair a car used to rush injured soldiers away from the front lines.

International Medical Corps

What it does: The Los Angeles-based organization provides emergency relief to those struck by conflict, disaster and disease. When an emergency has ended, the organization shifts its response to long-term medical support and training. The organization has been operating in eastern Ukraine since 2014, delivering primary healthcare and mental health services to communities affected by the ongoing conflict.

How you can help: A monetary donation will help International Medical Corps as it prepares to deploy mobile medical teams to provide emergency and primary health services, mental health and psychosocial support and COVID-19 awareness and prevention services.

Direct Relief

What it does: The Santa Barbara-based organization distributes donated medicine and medical supplies. Direct Relief has supplied Ukrainian healthcare providers with more than $27 million in medical aid. It recently sent a large shipment of diabetes supplies and is offering its Ukrainian partners IV fluids, antibiotics, medications for anesthesia, sutures, and cardiovascular medication, among other supplies.

How you can help: monetary donation will support Direct Relief’s efforts to send medical supplies to Ukrainian healthcare providers.

Red Cross and UNICEF are also active.

I have just emailed my CEO to see if we could make this a campus movement. I am waiting for a reply. Maybe some of your campuses would be interested in joining as well.

Warm regards,

Minodora Moldoveanu Ed. D.

Academic Senate President

Communication Studies Faculty