Join us Aug 24 to discuss Research and Impact of OER

Liz Yata

Aug 12, 2022, 6:24:10 PM8/12/22
to CCCOER Community Email

Hello everyone, and Happy Friday!

CCCOER is excited to announce that for our 3rd and final Summer Conversation this year the topic will be Research and Impact of OER

Join moderators Michael LaMagna, & Sunny Pai to discuss topics like:

  • Student-Centered Research: How can we measure the impact OER has on a student’s sense of belonging?

  • Different Streams of Research: Are there other ways to measure impact beyond what we are currently doing?

  • Future Direction of Research on Impact: What would you find helpful in measuring the impact of OER at your institution?

Join us live – Wednesday, August 24, 2022 3pm ET/ 12pm PT/ 9am HST

Registration URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUtcOurrT0qE922lwT1iSHICWQJ22KrdExW

Join the conversation on OEG Connect Anytime: https://connect.oeglobal.org/t/research-and-impact-of-oer/4116

Background:

While there are a number of streams within the research related to the impact of open educational resources, much of the attention has been on textbook cost savings for students. Specifically, this research addresses the impact of high-cost required course materials and the time-adverse effect this has on students who are unable to purchase these materials. Central to this discussion is the research from the Florida Virtual Campus. More recently, research has focused on the impact of the adoption of OER on student success. This research looks at learning outcomes attainment and overall student course performance when students have full access to required course materials.

We know when pushing any new initiatives at community colleges or other institutions of higher education the first question is what does the research and existing literature say?