Seeking OER Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis Planning Documents

Heather Dodge

Nov 9, 2022, 6:57:01 PM11/9/22
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
We are gathering a group of instructors across a few departments to examine their courses, which are currently using traditional publisher textbooks, to support them in converting to OER (and/or ZTC).

I'm wondering if there are Needs Assessment and/or gap analysis planning documents that others have created and would be willing to share. I'm thinking of a worksheet-type document where faculty would be able to document what they are using, what they've found for OER and what they would ideally need or want to make their class OER.

Thanks,
Heather

Heather Dodge
Head Librarian
Professional Development Committee Chair
Regional Lead, ASCCC OER Initiative
Berkeley City College
pronouns: she/her
More information about OER: https://asccc-oeri.org/about-us/

Lisa Young

Nov 10, 2022, 1:16:07 PM11/10/22
to Heather Dodge, cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
This is a worksheet I developed many years ago that you are welcome to adapt.

--
If you have any questions about or technical difficulties with this email list, contact liz...@oeglobal.org
To find out more or be added to this list visit https://www.cccoer.org/community-email/

"He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maricopa Community College District Office logo
Lisa C. Young, Ph.D.
MARICOPA COMMUNITY COLLEGES
Faculty Administrator | Open Education Programs and Innovation
2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281

Naman, Trudy

Nov 10, 2022, 1:30:51 PM11/10/22
to Lisa Young, Heather Dodge, cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

​LIsa,

Thank you for sharing your worksheet. That is a great tool for developing an OER Course. I appreciate you allowing us to use your planning tool.

Trudy J Naman, Ed. D., Assistant Professor
Santa Ana College
Child Development and Education Studies (CDES)
1530 W. 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706

Strategic, Learner, Individualization, Achiever, Analytical

If you think education is expensive; try ignorance. ~ Derek Bok