Equitable Access Position Paper

Nathan Smith

Jun 20, 2024, 11:33:55 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to CCCOER Advisory
Hello friends,

I know a lot of you are concerned about the trend for schools to make inclusive access and equitable access agreements with bookstores. My college is right now in the midst of a contested debate about whether or not to pursue an equitable access program (we already do inclusive access). As I have worked with colleagues in my college on these issues for years, I have developed my own perspective and arguments. So, over the past few weeks, I decided to write them down. The result is the attached position paper. Because this is an issue that impacts many of us, I thought I would share it.

Feel free to redistribute as you see fit. My goal was to try to assemble evidence and treat the arguments as even-handedly and comprehensively as possible. I hope you find this useful.

All the best,
Nathan

--
Nathan Smith, PhD.
Houston Community College, Philosophy

Amy Hofer

Jun 20, 2024, 2:40:51 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Nathan Smith, CCCOER Advisory
Hi Nathan, thank you for sharing this well-researched position paper! I am sure it will be useful to the discussions going on in Oregon.

:)
Amy

--
If you have any questions about or technical difficulties with this email list, contact liz...@oeglobal.org
To find out more or be added to this list visit https://www.cccoer.org/community-email/

Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director