New edition of Humans R Social Media available

Casey, Cheryl - (ccuillie)

Jun 14, 2024, 12:15:52 PMJun 14
to oef...@sparcopen.org, Open Textbook Network, cccoer-...@googlegroups.com, oer...@list.arizona.edu, Daly, Diana - (didaly), Carden, Lori Diane - (lcarden)

The 2024 version of the open textbook Humans R Social Media has been released. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, it includes substantial improvements and great new chapters by the University of Colorado Boulder's Nathan Schneider and University of Arizona AI artist Jacquie Kuru.

About the book: Social media and humans exist in a world of mutual influence, and humans play central roles in how this influence is mediated and transferred. Originally created by University of Arizona Information scholar Diana Daly, this 2024 “living book” edition of Humans R Social Media welcomes additional authors and features contributions by students to help readers understand how we as humans shape social media, and how social media shapes our world in turn. Learn more about our Shared Governance initiative and connect with the authors.

Best,

Cheryl

Cheryl Casey, Open Education Librarian

Main Library A501