Spanish Technology Literacy OER

Rachel Becker

Jun 19, 2024, 1:46:42 PM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to CCCOER Community Email
Hello,
I'm looking for resources in Spanish with a technology literacy focus such as basic Word, keyboarding, using a computer, etc.
Anything you could share would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Rachel Becker
Copyright & OER Librarian
Madison Area Technical College

Delmar Larsen

Jun 19, 2024, 2:05:57 PM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Rachel:

About 18 months ago we used machine translation to convert 100,000 pages of English OER into Spanish (https://espanol.libretexts.org/). It isn't a perfect translation, but the need for Spanish OER was great out there and this was stop-gap starting solution that can be expanded on with human improvements. In fact, the Spanish library is now the 2nd most popular library in our corpus with 50M+ pageviews per year, which further emphasizes the need for non-English OER development.

We have some workforce resources that may be of use to you in the Vocacional bookshelf:

https://espanol.libretexts.org/Vocacional

Please let me know if this is useful to you. Any new LibreTexts book can automatically be converted to any of 100 languages in this manner so if a new LibreTexts book is of interest to you and you want it in Spanish, also please let us know.

Regards,

Delmar

--
If you have any questions about or technical difficulties with this email list, contact liz...@oeglobal.org
To find out more or be added to this list visit https://www.cccoer.org/community-email/

	dla...@ucdavis.edu
	http://LarsenLab.ucdavis.edu

	Founder and Director of the LibreTexts Project
	http://libretexts.org
	The Future is Open
Message has been deleted

Rachel Becker

Jun 25, 2024, 10:37:04 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to CCCOER Community Email
Thank you so much Delmar. These resources are fantastic! I tried accessing the https://espanol.libretexts.org/Vocacional/Aplicaciones_inform%C3%A1ticas_y_tecnolog%C3%ADa_de_la_informaci%C3%B3n and wasn't able to get it to load. Do you have a suggestion for accessing it?

Thanks,
Rachel

Alison Cole

Jun 28, 2024, 1:11:44 PM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Rachel Becker, CCCOER Community Email
Hi Rachel -
GCF global, https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/, has some great resources on the basics -- you can switch to Spanish on the top menu bar.
image.png
Ali

Alison Cole, MSLIS (she/her/hers)
VALE Program Manager
C: 201-268-1513 | W: 855-832-EDGE (3343)