Re: [CCCKC] Rfid info

Bill Burdick

Aug 23, 2021, 1:27:11 PM8/23/21
to ccckc, Bi...@croan.org
Programmers geared for cloning? Is it just me or is that really sinister?

-- Bill

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 7:00 AM Joel Kershner <joel.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hackerwarehouse.com has programers (geared for cloning). Example proxmark3

Amazon has cards and programmers geared for end user programing.

-joel
--
-=- Joel Kershner -=-

ax0n

Aug 23, 2021, 3:27:41 PM8/23/21
to cc...@googlegroups.com, Bi...@croan.org
Like anything it can be used for convenience or malice. I cloned my gym and office RFID access cards onto small key fobs I can keep on my keyring. Yes, I could probably have surreptitiously cloned our building manager's access card numerous times when she came around, or clone badges from folks when I'm in line at MicroCenter (where people happily get way too close to me despite a 6-foot-rule) because I can clearly see from their badges where they work, but I didn't do those things.

Billy Croan

Aug 23, 2021, 3:31:42 PM8/23/21
to cc...@googlegroups.com
As horrifically menacing as those key duplication kiosks at bed bath and beyond.  A true house of evil contempt that place is all right!