Austin Creative Commons Salon - Open Library Project, May 21st

Rich Vázquez

May 16, 2008, 1:34:23 PM5/16/08
to ccau...@googlegroups.com
This month the Austin Creative Commons group will discuss the Open
Library project with one of the participating developers.

David Strauss, is the co-founder of Four Kitchen Studios and That
Other Paper. ThatOtherPapaer.com is a local paper which produces all
of its content under Creative Commons licensing. David will be
discussing his involvement in the Open Library project, which explains
itself as "One web page for every book ever published. It's a lofty,
but achievable, goal." www.openlibrary.org

Anyone with questions about Creative Commons can attend and we'll try
to answer any questions or discuss aspects of CC licensing.

As time permits, we will also have a discussion on a recent "orphan
works" law introduced to Congress. I will also have some copies of
Cory Doctorow's "Print Crime", a Creative Commons work of fiction, and
a few DVDs of recent large musical and sound works recently released
to the public.

We will meet at Cafe Caffeine on Wednesday, May 21st starting at 7:30.

Creative Commons is a an easy licensing method used by artists,
musicians and writers worldwide to allow others to use their work
according to a set of guidelines you select, including control over
any profits. It increases the creativity and profile of those who
share in the licenses.

The CC Salon is a monthly event focused on building a community of
artists and developers around Creative Commons licenses, standards,
and technology. Come each month to meet others who license using
Creative Commons technology or work with technology implement it. We
try to have presenters, but also openly discuss other CC issues.

We are also looking for artists or presenters who might want to show
their work or offer some insight to the commons.
If you're interested in presenting or want more information, e-mail:
ri...@commonquill.org

Group Discussion List:
http://groups.google.com/group/ccaustin
Event Page