Imported tiddlers get not saved into database

Javix

Sep 18, 2010, 5:01:59 PM9/18/10
to ccTiddly
Hi,

I know there are lots of emails asking for help on importing tiddlers.
I have no problem importing them, but they get not saved into the
database. After importing, they are there, but if you hit F5 or
refresh, it says "There are unsaved changes in ... If you continue you
will lose those changes". If I open an imported tiddler, it will not
be saved, even if I edit it, change it, close it, etc.

If i refresh, everything is gone.

I have to say I am using mGSD variant.

Two questions:
- What am I doing wrong? Are imported tiddlers expected to get written
into the database?

- Is it possible to have a "All save" button, in order to commit
changes to the database?

Thanks a lot, sorry if this has been already solved, I cannot find it.

Kashgarinn

Sep 22, 2010, 7:32:32 AM9/22/10
to ccTiddly
You could try and comment out the "if(curl_version())" and the
relevant code within the { } in \handle\proxyp.php, lines 18-39 for
me.

See if that works.

K.

Javix

Sep 23, 2010, 7:59:49 AM9/23/10
to ccTiddly
Hi,

I just found the "problem". I was checking out "Keep these tiddlers
linked to this server so that you can synchronise subsequent changes".
With that option checked, it does work, it finally imports the
tiddlers!!!

I don't know why I did not try that earlier... sorry for bothering
you.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Joe A.

Sep 27, 2010, 3:52:46 AM9/27/10
to ccTiddly
Hi,

For Multi-selecting tiddlers for save, try create a tiddler with the
macro: <<sync>>

Once it is opened, you can view which are newly created, and which are
the ones needed to be saved.

It may be possible that your 'saving' problem is due to
YourSearchPlugin plugin by abego (an old problem I've encountered,
when running mGSD setup.

The solution was, to re-name it to "yourSearchPlugin" - which starts
with a lower "y", this has helped get around the order of tiddlers
load.
But - note the catch, you must NOT load the initial one, since it
would prevent you from saving / renaming it, - so first - delete the
original, then create (by copy), the 'renamed' version.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Y.A.