localfiles

geert Geurts

Feb 24, 2011, 3:44:07 AM2/24/11
to ccti...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,
I've created a python script for scanning documents and after that directly insert it to cctiddlywiki database.
Works beautifully... Well it's still in alpha alpha alpha, and then the first version of that... but it works nicely.
Firstly it makes a quick scan an extracts the text,prints it and asks you to select(copy paste) or type text you want in the body of the tiddler. Then it prints a list of tags currently available in you ccTiddlywiki and ask you to say which tags it should have. Then it creates a directory /(root directory for scans)/(first tag)/(second tag)/(year)/(month)/ and then places a pdf of the scan in that location.
I want to include before the text in the body also a link to the scan itself. But I can't open links to file:///scans/document.pdf
Does anyone know why this doesn't work?
And does anyone have interest in this python script? (it's made for use in linux, sane and tesseract)

Greetings,
Geert

Kashgarinn

Mar 10, 2011, 4:10:31 PM3/10/11
to ccTiddly
it's a cross-domain problem probably.. there's a lot of security
problems between the server and the client which I think is possible
to solve, you can google it somewhat.

I think maybe HTML 5 has solved it, but not sure.. haven't done the
research needed.

I think there's a plugin for firefox to allow file:/// links from
servers, if all else fails.

Regards,
K.

geert Geurts

Mar 10, 2011, 4:49:10 PM3/10/11
to ccti...@googlegroups.com

Hello kashgarinn,
Thanks allot for your answer!!
Seriously! I had almost given up finding a solution...
The reason why this could not work were pretty much clear to me but with your pointers I'm allot closer.
I had no idea for what to google...
But crossdomain restrictions is going to help for sure!

Thanks!

Greetings,
Geert