Anyone object to putting CCTW on github?

Kashgarinn

Jun 10, 2011, 8:14:40 AM6/10/11
to ccTiddly
I have no idea about how to use github, I saw that tiddlywiki
developers were starting to use it, and I thought to myself, why not
try putting CCTW on there and see if we can make it work for
ourselves, so we can add fixes and if we have to reinstall, we can
downlaod a version with latest fixes we and others have done?

I'm not seeing any development for CCTW, and there are plenty of
opportunities to improve it, if only the couple of people here
interested in giving back had some way to do it without forcing any
one person to "own" the project.

What do people think? Anyone have any experience with github? Anyone
have an opinion regarding this?

K.

geert Geurts

Jun 10, 2011, 9:50:16 AM6/10/11
to ccti...@googlegroups.com

I think it's a briliant idea!
Github can't be too difficult I think...
There must be some documentation on the web.

Greetings,
Geert

Colm O'Gairbhith

Jun 10, 2011, 1:39:11 PM6/10/11
to ccti...@googlegroups.com
Excellent idea also, a number of very part-time contributors is better than no contributors at all.
Carbon Tracking Ltd.
http://www.carbontracking.com
Telephone : +353 87 629 5679

Seba

Jun 11, 2011, 5:56:59 AM6/11/11
to ccTiddly
I couldn't agree more with all of the above. Unfortunately I have no
experience with github. Furthermore initially I would only post bugs
or suggestions until I reach that level when I have enough knowledge
to actually contribute actively. I expect github offers tracking and
reporting needed for development, so the development and fixing can be
organized and transparent. This is quite important in my opinion.

On 10 jun., 19:39, "Colm O'Gairbhith" <c...@carbontracking.com> wrote:
> Excellent idea also, a number of very part-time contributors is better than
> no contributors at all.
>

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM, geert Geurts <bege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it's a briliant idea!
> > Github can't be too difficult I think...
> > There must be some documentation on the web.
>
> > Greetings,
> > Geert
>
> Carbon Tracking Ltd.http://www.carbontracking.com

Kashgarinn

Jun 13, 2011, 4:22:04 PM6/13/11
to ccTiddly
All right, I've created CCtiddlywiki on github here:
https://github.com/Steinthor/CCTiddlywiki

I found a rough guide here: http://sirupsen.com/starting-with-git/ -
there are also a couple of youtube videos you can check out if you
search for "github".

I can add people as collaborators, I think that means you then can
upload changes back into this repository.

Anyone and everyone can add issues, and also add pages to the wiki on
the github site regarding this repository, so communication can be
done here as well as there.

- Can anyone download this and see if it works?
- Can anyone test if they can add/edit things to the github wiki?

Right.. let's just test this, Post here your usernames on GIT if you
want to be a collaborator. Post issues on github, and let's see if
this can be the tool for lazy, lazy part-time amateur developers.

I think the wiki could as well be a nice tool for brainstorming
things, or logging things you try out, or adding information which
makes the wiki work better depending on your server setup, and so on.

K.

Kashgarinn

Jun 20, 2011, 6:57:02 AM6/20/11
to ccTiddly
I've done some edits, and updated the tiddlywiki code to 2.6.2., so I
updated the version number to 1.9.1 on the github site:
https://github.com/Steinthor/CCTiddlywiki - this is very much a beta,
and needs input on whether it's ok or not.

Everyone is more than welcome to add issues

Everyone is more than welcome to become a collaborator

There's no real plan to change anything drastic, I'm just going
through the wiki, testing making tiddlers, and the various macros or
functions and seeing if they work.