SQL database problem

geert Geurts

Feb 6, 2011, 7:51:10 AM2/6/11
to ccti...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm happy cctiddlywiki user, although I have some problems...
I'm trying to to create a python script to archive my scans. For this I want to create a tiddler for every scan I make of post I get about for instance my work.
I created a script which is able to insert information in the tiddler table and is able to fill all the fields required to create a tiddler.
These tiddlers show up in the website as they're supposed to.
But I don't do any modifications to the other tables because it's not clear to me how the different tables are related to each other.
Now when I create a tiddler I got an error that it was unable to save the changes.
I says something about beeing unable to  make the connection.
Just now I was trying to reproduce the error to give the exact error, and it says saved successfully!!
So my problem seems solved, and what I did just before I started composing this email is:
First I downloaded a fresh ccTiddlywiki(1.9 minimal), modified config.php as my formar installation and tried to creare tiddler. But the same problem occurred so apparently it was not the source.
Then I created a new tiddlywiki database using the install.sql file, modified config.php to use the new test database and I could create tiddlers successfully!

So I concluded there was probably something broken in my mysql database and because of that I couldn't save new tiddlers anymore, and decided to ask it in the mailinglist.
I wrote this email till the part where I mention the error about the connection error I get when creating new tiddlers, and I tried to reproduce it to get the exact error message.
So I modified config.php to use the original database, and tried to create tiddlers, where I whould have expected to get the error again.
But no! tiddler successfully saved! So now I solved it but I have no idea why this solved my problem...
Does anyone have a idea?

Also are the modification required in other tables then the tiddler table in the mysql database when I want to create new tiddlers using python?

Thanks allot for reading this lengthy email, I'm sorry I couldn't describe my problem in less words...

Greetings,
Geert