Re: Request to share sensoricahome

1 view

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Apr 18, 2011, 5:40:41 PM4/18/11
to Michael Maranda, piet...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, cc-...@googlegroups.com, Suresh Fernando
Hi Peitrust-ees !

I am the founder of SENSORICA open enterprise, of Multitude Project, and a member of ProM. Both of these organizations are now reaching the point where a reputation and value accounting mechanism is needed. Bayle already knows about our activities and can articulate our needs into your own language.

I am writing you this message, also including the ProM group, to ask if it would be possible for you to help us articulate our needs and to build a prototype. We can be your testing ground. Together, we can design and build the tools that will allow social changers and members of open enterprises (like SENSORICA) to sustain themselves, their families and their communities, directly from their activities, without compromising the open culture. These tools are also necessary to stabilize open ventures, to catalyze their self organization, buy embodying a powerful set of positive incentives and by providing a greater visibility into the social structure of these organizations.

We can provide a space for further discussions and collaboration.

Tiberius

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Michael Maranda <trop...@gmail.com> wrote:
no problem, just really trying to ger better appreciation of the social and business structures at play - especially potential for values accounting

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Michael,

You requested access to edit SENSORICA website. We are now doing some restructuring of SENSORICA. Some of my partners will create a box organization which will sit on the Mosquito sensor, and I will continue to work on SENSORICA as an open space for innovation and design of high tech products with other collaborators. I will NOT be formally attached to the box, but I will act as a consultant. The box will be member of SENSORICA. I will be a full member of SENSORICA. At this moment we are in the process of separating what belongs to SENSORICA and what belongs to the box. Within a week it will be possible for you to participate to SENSORICA if you please.

Thanks.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM, <trop...@gmail.com> wrote:
Request to share
You are the owner of sensoricahome.

trop...@gmail.com has asked that you share this item with:

You can add these people in Sharing settings.

Google Sites makes creating and sharing a group website easy.
Logo for Google Sites

--
t!b!
http://www.google.com/profiles/tiberius.brastaviceanu

--
t!b!
http://www.google.com/profiles/tiberius.brastaviceanu

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Apr 18, 2011, 5:43:45 PM4/18/11
to Michael Maranda, piet...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, cc-...@googlegroups.com, Suresh Fernando
Some of us already have extensive experience with financing of the open social enterprise. Suresh can provide you with some links to his work. I feel that together, we can go further.
--
t!b!
http://www.google.com/profiles/tiberius.brastaviceanu

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Apr 18, 2011, 5:58:25 PM4/18/11
to Michael Maranda, piet...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, cc-...@googlegroups.com, Suresh Fernando
From Marcos:

Just FYI, the pangaia project is conceived to solve this very problem....

marcos
pangaia.sf.net

--
-------Climate Change Project Matching System------
We're using the Coalition of the Willing Wiki: http://cotw.cc/wiki/Project_Matching

t!b!
http://www.google.com/profiles/tiberius.brastaviceanu

sures...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2011, 7:59:41 PM4/18/11
to coal...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda, piet...@googlegroups.com, ProM
A word to the wise... Figure out a way to decouple vision and leadership in this group from the volume of postings...

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Mobilicity

From: Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.br...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:58:25 -0400
Subject: <Coalition> Re: {CC-PMS} Re: Request to share sensoricahome
--
-----------Coalition of the Willing-----------
The Coalition occupies several spaces for communication and action. Keep the discussion on this list civil & assume good faith. Strive for brevity.

For the what-why-where of Coalition work, look to http://cotw.cc. That wiki functions as a routing-portal and a locus for some of the work. All group efforts should maintain an updated statement of current focus, channels and spaces of work and anything necessary to support orientation & keeping up-to-speed.

"BetterMeans" is where we coordinate our work: making proposals, endorsing & signing up for work, and tracking tasks. https://secure.bettermeans.com/projects/163
Share the film: http://cotw.me/film

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Apr 18, 2011, 8:28:39 PM4/18/11
to cc-...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda
Hi Suresh and all,

I took the initiative to connect a few organizations that could work out together a way to account for and to distribute value within am open enterprise.

I think your work on financing is complementary to this effort, as it refers mostly to sources of funding (I might be wrong...). I also sensed that the question of revenue is a very sensitive issue within this group. My analysis led me to believe that revenue itself was NOT the problem, as long as it preserves the open culture. Example, we cannot talk about employees and salaries in this context. I was working on this problem for long time in the open innovation space, and after a discussion with MM and Garry I realized that some of my ideas could be applied in the context of an open social enterprise. Bayle and his Pietrust group was already collaborating with me to design and build a value accounting service.

A value accounting service records member's input, evaluates it, get's funds from different sources, and redistributes it within the open ventures based on some rules which preserve the open and decentralized character of the venture, talking into consideration the value every member contributes with. There is more than just tangible value there is also intangible value. How the value accounting system will account for all the value? We don't know yet. That is the problem I propose to solve.

There is more on this though. This service will make more visible sources of value, it will explicit the system of value flow, it will map reputation and roles within the open enterprise, which are, in my opinion, necessary conditions for self organization, convergence.

This "explosive" initiative was an exercise of my conclusion reached in the Decision Making document: "don't stop passionate initiative". I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. This should NOT be understood as an exercise of leadership. In fact, at the same time, this also serves as an experiment for the Decision Making ideas.

Need feedback and constructive criticism please...

Tibi

sures...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2011, 9:00:42 PM4/18/11
to ProM, coal...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda
;-)... Not trying to stimulate paranoia about leadership...

I am just concluding that the reason that we did generate a lot of activity and focus around the process I suggested might have had something to do with the energy (volume of ideas and postings) I brought to the group as opposed to the CONTENT of my ideas.

This is the only reason I can think of to explain why many people that had no interest in the substance of certain ideas would join the process.

I wouldn't want this group to make the same mistake again.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Mobilicity

From: Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.br...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:28:39 -0400

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Apr 18, 2011, 9:21:39 PM4/18/11
to cc-...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda
That is a good point Suresh. I did not see it that way, but it makes sense. That is also the story of my life... I've always acted with a lot of enthusiasm and energy, and many times I found myself rejected, especially from power structures - corporate environments. I touched on this a bit during our last general Sunday meeting.

Suresh Fernando

Apr 19, 2011, 11:38:33 AM4/19/11
to cc-...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda, piet...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com
Please forward any specific questions that you might have or let me know what precise path you are trying to pursue in the social finance space.

Thanks!

--
-------Climate Change Project Matching System------
We're using the Coalition of the Willing Wiki: http://cotw.cc/wiki/Project_Matching
And BetterMeans: https://secure.bettermeans.com/projects/184
We're working as three tracks. Please prefix threads as follows: <Tech> <Data> <Outreach>.... and do join at least one of the tracks!
You are subscribed to the CC-PMS Google Groups group.

Suresh Fernando
BLOG, YOUTUBE, OK WEBSITE, OK FAN PAGE, OK GROUP, OK-WE, PHILOSOPHY,  TWITTER,  FACEBOOK, WOTW FAN PAGE LINKEDIN, SLIDESHARE

-------ProM: Climate Change Project Matching System------
Project Description: http://cotw.cc/wiki/Project_Matching
To Join: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/cc-pms
Workstreams: http://cotw.cc/wiki/CC-PMS_etherpad_index