An experiment with a matching spreadsheet

Chris Watkins

May 16, 2011, 8:57:26 AM5/16/11
to Project Matching
Hi folks,

I did some playing on a spreadsheet, to make a very simple preference matching tool (for people/orgs/projects). It's not really usable yet - I made up a handful , then just looked at matches against the first user. (That will want to be moved to a separate sheet, and made to easily show the matches for any user.)

Although it's extremely basic, I thought it would be helpful to have a semi-working version of someone's idea of a ProM, as something to improve from.

Making it was helpful to me in starting to get my head around what would be needed to make this work - nothing horribly complex, I think,  and I have a friend who's a spreadsheet power user, who could help with specifics of the spreadsheet side of things (unless we move to a different platform/codes base).

If you'd like to look, or play further, it's open edit:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahyj7xZXgcvudE9VNWlZenFvR0xtWUxCMlR6T0NFVHc&hl=en&authkey=CIbXjcIK

Cheers
Chris

BenB

May 17, 2011, 2:31:25 PM5/17/11
to cc-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris, I'd be interested in developing some of the category and rating/weighting stuff a bit further, possibly making a nice web form tied to the spreadsheet for trial. I'm doing something similar as a test parser for media content. In fact, I imagine we could interoperate and assign excellent first date films to any early ProM matches.