Error while making lab

rishi shah

Mar 21, 2015, 2:08:28 AM3/21/15
to cc-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
  while running command "make everything" , I am getting errors.I forked repo and also installed dependency . Here I attached screen shorts of my console. Help me to fix this.

Thanks,
Rishi
Screenshot from 2015-03-21 11:35:27.png
Screenshot from 2015-03-21 11:35:56.png

Aniket Gupta

Mar 21, 2015, 3:41:10 AM3/21/15
to cc-dev...@googlegroups.com
So did you do gem install charlock_holmes ? though I don't think it is being used anywhere in github.com/concord-consortium/lab. So please take a look again if you've cloned the correct repo. Still run that command if it says.

Also, do verify if your version of rvm and ruby is the correct one, 2.0.0-p247 or earlier patches are the one's required for lab's repo. Though I see your version of ruby is probably the correct one.
Also, have a look if you get any broken packages when doing sudo apt-get update because that causes problems when we run ruby and rvm commands.
Run a "bundle install" before running the make so that the important gems get installed beforehand.

I hope one of this works. :)

Aniket Gupta,
ankg.github.io

Prateek Pandey

Mar 21, 2015, 5:00:39 AM3/21/15
to cc-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

It seems that you don't have "charlock_holmes" installed. Try running command gem install charlock_holmes. Also, ensure that your rvm and ruby version are according to this org i.e. 2.0.0-p247. You an install this via command rvm reinstall 2.0.0-p247 --with-zlib1g-dev.
For more details see page https://github.com/concord-consortium/lab-interactives-site/blob/master/developer-doc/setup-ruby.md

Hope that helps :)
-Prateek