UEB MacintoshOS dictionary

Gregory Kearney

Nov 25, 2015, 2:41:16 PM11/25/15
to cb...@googlegroups.com, Braille Institute Library
UEB MacintoshOS dictionary

A ditionary with other 160 words shown broken into sylables and also translated into Unified English Braille. unzip and install this file into your Library/Dictionaries/ directory of your home directory.

A link to this can be found here: http://www.cbtbc.org/braille/ueb/index.php

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: in...@cbtbc.org

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkea...@gmail.com

ratnakaji dangol

May 19, 2016, 7:00:22 AM5/19/16
to cb...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir

Thanks update your news always. In Nepal we are discussing regarding the UEB, so would like to request you what is UEB, What's it purpose. How large it. And again inform you we are also organize the issue on UEB Nepal soon. Is it possible ? Let me know the details if UEB what  is it.

Pls feel free for any quarries.
we are just innovative in UEB context of Nepal.

Regards
Ratna
Light House Nepal
Kathmandu.

Greg Kearney

May 19, 2016, 11:14:37 AM5/19/16
to cb...@googlegroups.com, ratnakaji dangol
UEB, which stand for Unified English Braille, is the new international Braille code standard used in English speaking world for writing works in the English language.

The dictionary to which you speak was developed for Apple Macintosh computers and now has over 160,000 words. A link to this can be found here: http://www.cbtbc.org/braille/ueb/index.php

It replaces a whole host of local English Braille codes (UK, North American, Australian, South African, etc.) with a single code to be used world wide.

Napal, should be using UEB for English as soon as possible as most English Braille is now produced in it.

More information as well as the rule books for producing UEB can be found at the International Council on English Braille (ICEB) www.iceb.org

In addition there are various UEB resources on the cooperative's website as well www.cbtbc.org

Finally our manager of Braille research and development, Tamara Kearney can be reached at tamara....@gmail.com for more information.

#320, 185-911 Yates Street