Re: gene query and TMB data

annart...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2023, 12:40:56 AM3/13/23
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have two questions about the database and would appreciate direction:

  1. Is there a way to query 2 concurrent genes? For example, I would like to see EGFR and SPEN coexist samples in non-small cell lung cancer
  2. Can we request TMB and MSI status if we offer the unique sample ID?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Zhaohui (Ann) Arter, MD

Hematology/Oncology Fellow

Email: annart...@gmail.com

Tali Mazor

Mar 13, 2023, 2:31:10 PM3/13/23
to annart...@gmail.com, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,

You can see in the OncoPrint that there are a small number of samples with alterations in both genes, and you can use the Comparison tab/Overlap subtab to create & save that group of samples (saving requires logging in; for more detailed instructions, see our user docs: https://docs.cbioportal.org/user-guide/overview/)

You can also select samples with mutations in both EGFR & SPEN on the study view page by applying filters for both genes: https://bit.ly/3FgdrGn

As for TMB & MSI status, we include that information for any study for which it is available to us. If we don't have that data for a particular sample, it is likely because the original publication did not provide it.

-Tali

Tali Mazor

Mar 14, 2023, 8:18:14 PM3/14/23
to annart...@gmail.com, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Ann,

The Group Comparison Tutorial slides show how to create a new group, see slide 26. You can also use the Download tab to download a list of samples with alterations in each gene, and with some sorting in excel, you can get the set of samples with alterations in both genes.

-Tali

PS Please keep the google group cc'ed so others can benefit from this conversation.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 7:24 PM <annart...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tali,

Thank you for the instructions.

I can see under “ OncoPrint” that there are a small number of samples with alterations in both genes, but how to create that list? Or do you know which Docs explained the steps?

Sincerely,

Ann