Re: Co-Expression Analysis and RNA count data

Kadie Hudson

Nov 18, 2022, 7:24:58 PM11/18/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
I was able to find the entry in the data file using an alternate name. Apologies for the premature email!

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 3:01 PM Kadie Hudson <rce...@virginia.edu> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Kadie and I am trying to run some bioinformatic analysis using the available data that I pulled from the cBioPortal web page. The study I am referring to is Brain Lower Grade Glioma (TCGA, Firehose Legacy) and the data file I am referring to is data_mrna_seq_v2_rsem.txt

Using co-expression analysis on the web interface I can see that SERTAD4BP is accessible and is expressed in many samples within this study. However, when I look for SERTAD4BP in the data file, I cannot find any entries for that gene.

This particular gene produces a long non-coding RNA so I am wondering if those counts are stored in an alternate data file and if so, which one? Alternatively I am wondering if this gene is listed under an alternate name in the data file than what is shown on the co-expression interface (SERTAD4BP) and if so, which one?

If you have any information about this or could direct me towards who to ask, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

--

Kadie Hudson
B.S. Genetics | MIC Graduate Student