More Information

shivani gupta

Oct 27, 2022, 11:39:09 AM10/27/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi

When I check dataset page, I see more charts and graphs. I need following information:

Name of funding organization (An object property linking something to the funding that funds it (i.e., that finances or pays for it), or to the funding agency providing that funding.

Grand IDs (A data property specifying the grant number of a grant provided by a funding agency.)

Data Download (Schema name, Schema url, Schema description)

Can you please provide the above listed information.

Thanks
Shivani Gupta

David Higgins

Oct 27, 2022, 9:38:19 PM10/27/22
to shivani gupta, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group

Hi Shivani,

When on the datasets page, data download is available by clicking the download button, next to the reference page.

Grants and funding information aren’t available on cBioPortal, but you can typically learn these by reviewing the original reference, linked on the datasets page. We encourage you to review the publications for the studies of your interest as you see fit.

If you have any follow-up questions, please Reply All so that our continued conversation is captured on the cBioPortal Google Group.

Best,

David M. Higgins, Ph.D. | (he/him)
Informatics Program Manager
Center for Data-Driven Discovery in Biomedicine (D3b)
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA

shivani gupta

Nov 10, 2022, 3:55:54 PM11/10/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide following question:

Is there publicly available repository schema that can be accessed (published and available?

Is there documentation or guide explaining the available repository schema?

Thanks
Shivani

shivani gupta

Nov 10, 2022, 10:09:23 PM11/10/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi

Can you please provide information about total number of datasets on CbioPortal repository as of today?

Thanks
Shivani

Jessica Singh

Nov 14, 2022, 3:17:15 AM11/14/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Shivani,

cBioPortal has 363 studies available (182904 samples). You can find cBioPortal's architecture overview here. Data displayed on cBioortal needs to be in a specific format; you can find documentation about cBioPortal's file formats here: https://docs.cbioportal.org/file-formats/.
You can also access cBioPortal's codebase on GitHub (https://github.com/cBioPortal/cbioportal).

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Jessica