PORTAL_HOME in docker deployment

Peter Saffrey

Nov 1, 2022, 9:17:34 AM11/1/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I’ve deployed a copy of cBioPortal using the docker-based instructions here:

https://docs.cbioportal.org/deployment/docker/

Now I’m trying to accession my own data using the `metaImport.py` script, based on instructions here:

https://docs.cbioportal.org/using-the-metaimport-script/

Running the script gives an error about missing jar files:

                Expected to find 1 scripts-*.jar, but found 0

And reading the docs in more detail it looks like I need to define a PORTAL_HOME that will point to some jar files created during compilation. Except because I deployed with docker, I didn’t compile anything. Where can I find these jar files? Or do I need to run the import script from inside the docker environment?

Thanks,

Peter

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto and notify the sender immediately.

Luke Sikina

Nov 3, 2022, 11:21:39 AM11/3/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Peter,

The PORTAL_HOME variable is already defined in the docker container. My guess is that your import command just needs some tweaking. This is what I use to import the UCSF study:
    docker-compose exec cbioportal metaImport.py -u http://cbioportal:8080 -s study/lgg_ucsf_2014/ -o
Hope that helps!

- Luke

Peter Saffrey

Nov 16, 2022, 9:14:47 AM11/16/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply. I actually found this in the meantime by looking more closely at the documentation.

It might be worth adding a link from the accessioning docs:

To the specific section that deals with using this script in a local/docker install:

Thanks,

Peter