query

Kai Chen, SYSU.

Feb 2, 2020, 10:34:12 AM2/2/20
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Dear
I have a question.
I recently downloaded the METABRIC data for analysis(Breast Cancer (METABRIC, Nature 2012 & Nat Commun 2016)). I am interested in the mRNA expression data. There were two types of the mRNA expression data. One is the Z-score, which is a version after normalization. The other is the Expression log intensity levels (Illumina Human v3 microarray). I would like to consult that for the “Expression log intensity levels” data, did they have ever been normalized?

Thank you . Kai Chen.

_______________________________
Kai Chen. M.D.
Dept of Breast surgery,
Breast Tumor Center;
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital
Sun Yat-sen University, Yingfeng Road No. 33, 510260,
HaiZhu district, Guangzhou, Guangdong,P.R.China
Mobile: 0086-15920164730
Office:0086-020-34071156
Fax:0086-020-34071156
Alternative Email: ckai...@126.com

本邮件及其附件含有发送给特定个人和用于特定目的的保密信息。如果您不是预期的收件人,请立即删除本邮件并通知发件人。严禁任何非预期的收件人使用、传播、分发或复制本邮件或其附件。
This email and its attachments may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately. Any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or its attachments by persons other than the intended recipient(s), is strictly prohibited.

Paul van Dijk

Feb 3, 2020, 9:36:23 AM2/3/20
to ritika...@gmail.com, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ritika,

Regarding the question below (METABRIC expression data normalized or not?):

I see you performed some curation steps on METABRIC in the past. From https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ega/studies/EGAS00000000083 it looks like data have been normalized. Can you shine a light on this?

Tx!
Paul

Paul van Dijk  |  Business Analyst

Paul van Dijk

Feb 6, 2020, 8:53:13 AM2/6/20
to ritika...@gmail.com, cbiop...@googlegroups.com, JJ Gao
Hi Ritika, (or JJ)

Could you please pay attention to the question by Kai Chen.

Tx

Paul van Dijk

Feb 14, 2020, 3:51:29 AM2/14/20
to ritika...@gmail.com, JJ Gao, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ritika and JJ,

I was just checking whether threads/questions can be marked as completed. This one has not been answered yet. Would be nice if you could still address this question.

Tx
Paul

JJ Gao

Feb 14, 2020, 11:50:29 AM2/14/20
to Kai Chen, SYSU., cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group, Paul van Dijk, rued...@gmail.com
Hi Kai,

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. I am cc'ing the author of METABRIC.

Oscar, would you be so kind as to help answer Kai's question below?

Thanks,
-JJ

Oscar Rueda

Feb 14, 2020, 11:58:41 AM2/14/20
to JJ Gao, Kai Chen, SYSU., cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group, Paul van Dijk
Dear Kai Chen,
Thanks for your interest in METABRIC data. Yes, log intensities have been normalised using specific methods for Illumina arrays (see Curtis et al, Nature 2013) for details. In a nutshell, we did quantile normalisation and probe re-annotation. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Best,
Oscar M Rueda