questions: "not enough memory to open this page"

Zhou, Ting

May 30, 2024, 10:55:28 PMMay 30
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Good morning,

I attempted to query more than 100 genes across 1500 cases, but instead of displaying the results, I received an error message stating, "not enough memory to open this page."

Could this issue be related to querying too many genes at once? If so, what is maximum number of genes that can be effectively queried at one time for a dataset of this size?

Thank you very much,

Ting

Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted from
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center may be privileged, confidential,
and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or other use of this communication or any of its attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups
from your computer.

Disclaimer ID:MSKCC

de Bruijn, Ino

Jun 5, 2024, 2:58:25 AMJun 5
to Zhou, Ting, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ting,

Thanks for reaching out! Querying 100 genes is often too many. The issue in this case is with the memory available on your machine , so you could try the same query on a more powerful one and see if it does work

Alternatively, I tend to use the study view to identify genes that are most recurrently altered in a cohort and then limit my query to the top x altered genes. Maybe that helps?

Best wishes,

Ino

Zhou, Ting

Jun 5, 2024, 8:43:33 AMJun 5