selecting samples with desired mutations

Abhay Kanodia

Jan 14, 2022, 12:42:27 PM1/14/22
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi,

In the link below, I have the number of samples which are HomoDeletion for PTEN; mutant for TP53 and or both.

Is there a way (or a link) to get the patient IDs of all the 30 samples which are common between PTEN and TP53 or do I have to copy paste individual patient ID from the download tab?  Thank you very much!

Best,
Abhay

Nikolaus Schultz

Jan 18, 2022, 11:05:48 AM1/18/22
to Abhay Kanodia, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Abhay,

Unfortunately, there is no one step-way to get the overlapping cases.

An easy way to get what you want is to go to the Download tab of your query and click on the “Query” link next to the “Altered samples” list, and modify it to include only one of your two genes. This query will be limited to the cases that have either the TP53 or the PTEN alteration.

I hope this makes sense.

Niki.