cbioportal installation and customization

Konstantin Chernyshov

Nov 23, 2021, 5:11:39 AM11/23/21
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hello! Dear colleagues,

We are going to run cbioportal locally and I am curious how can I control the display and names of large groups? For example, I want to indicate that this is a Pan Cancer study.
Because now I set "type_of_cancer: mixed" and got "Other" and "Cancer of unknown primary". How can I indicate "PanCancer Study"?
In which file and what information should I register?
image.png
With regards,

--------------------------------

Kosta Chernyshov, Bioinformatician

BostonGene

Email: konstantin...@bostongene.com

Telegram: @kosta_ch

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including information protected by federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the recipient’s named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Konstantin Chernyshov

Nov 23, 2021, 5:11:45 AM11/23/21
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I made mistake:

" In which file and what information should I register?"
I mean "In which file and what information should I add?"

--------------------------------

Kosta Chernyshov, Bioinformatician

BostonGene

Email: konstantin...@bostongene.com

Telegram: @kosta_ch

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including information protected by federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the recipient’s named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sjoerd van Hagen

Dec 23, 2021, 3:26:41 PM12/23/21
to Konstantin Chernyshov, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantin,

It seems your question has gone unnoticed somehow, sorry about that.

I think what you would like to achieve can be done by changing this bit in the portal.properties:
# study ids and categories to force to top of study selector
# format is category1#study1a,study1b,study1c;category2#study2
priority_studies=

You would put something like this:
priority_studies=PanCancer studies#study1,study2

Let me know if this works. If not I will check with the team.

Best,

Sjoerd.

---

Sjoerd van Hagen