Hosting data for academic use

Chan, Aimee

Dec 2, 2022, 3:40:57 PM12/2/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Good morning,

We recently stumbled upon cBioPortal and were interested in uploading our private data, and having it hosted for academic use. We have not worked with such a platform before, and were wondering if you could provide some guidance on how this can be done.

In particular, if we are uploading data to be hosted, are there confidentiality and data security documents that can be provided so we can ensure our institutional requirements are also met?

Thank you!

Aimee

Aimee Chan, MSc.

Clinical Research Associate – CNS / NETS Site Group

Odette Cancer Centre Clinical Research Program

Sunnybrook Research Institute

416-480-5000 x83045 | aimee...@sunnybrook.ca

NOTE: Emails with attachments >25MB will NOT be received!!!

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential, personal and/or health information (information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure).  No waiver of confidence is intended by virtue of communication via the internet.  Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person(s) for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies.

Priti Kumari

Dec 2, 2022, 3:45:20 PM12/2/22
to Chan, Aimee, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aimee,

Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to our documentation here for guidance on how to get started: https://docs.cbioportal.org/deployment/
Feel free to reach out if you run into issues.
Hope this helps.

Best,
Priti