Keycloak version 13

John Francis

Feb 7, 2023, 7:24:20 AM2/7/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
  HI Benjamin,

We got past the admin page issue not displaying (we had to install using docker-compose instead of docker).  We installed KeyCloak version 13

#1  "Export configuration for cBioPortal"
I am now trying to follow the script to setup keycloak for user authentication: I am at the section "Export configuration for cBioPortal"  in Keycloak on the Installation tab - I do not have an option to select SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor --

In version 13, below are the options: which one should I pick:
keycloak saml adapter keycloak-saml.xml,
keycloak saml jboss subsystem cli,
saml metadat spssodescriptor,
keycloak saml jboss subsystem xml,
mod auth mellon files?

#2 "Creating a signing Key"
I generated the the key file, per the instructions, however when I try to IMPORT the key file on the SAML Keys tab - it throws an error that says " Error: Unexpected Server error has occurred".   How do I correct this?

Thanks,
John

Benjamin Gross

Feb 7, 2023, 11:07:36 AM2/7/23
to John Francis, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi John,

Regarding #1.  If following, you want to export the saml metadata for the identity provider for use by the cbioportal backend.  The keycloak UI is pretty poorly designed.  While its not obvious, if everything is configured properly, you can click on the “SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Metadata” under the Endpoints section in the Realm’s Setting.  I’ve highlighted it below.  It will be the XML metadata required in the cbioportal backend.

Regarding #2.  Unfortunately, with the information at hand, I don’t know what can be causing this.  Maybe try to regenerate the key?   If that doesn’t work, I would reach out to the keycloak community.

Best,
Benjamin

John Francis

Feb 7, 2023, 12:03:09 PM2/7/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Benjamin,

I don't have the option to select the item stated in documentation:

Export configuration for cBioPortal
  1. Next, navigate to the Installation tab for the same client.
  2. Select SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor as the Format Option and click the Download button.

Screen shot from Keycloak version 13:  which one should I pick?  I don't have an option from IDPSSODescriptor

keycloak options.png

Benjamin Gross

John Francis

Feb 7, 2023, 3:54:49 PM2/7/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
realm.png

Benjamin Gross

Feb 7, 2023, 5:29:02 PM2/7/23
to John Francis, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Click on the “SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Endpoint” in the last text area.

Deya Alzoubi

Mar 28, 2023, 5:04:15 PM3/28/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi everyone,
I have a similar issue to #2 "Creating a signing Key"
I regenerate a new key but it still doesn't work
@John any update from your side?
Best,
Deya

Message has been deleted

Pieter Lukasse

Jun 12, 2023, 10:13:45 PM6/12/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
FYI - Related issue: https://github.com/cBioPortal/cbioportal/issues/6820. The issue description also contains a solution shared by Luke.