database error

niharika toom

Mar 30, 2023, 6:57:38 AM3/30/23
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hello ,
Iam getting ERROR WHILE DOCKER COMPOSE UP.

cbioportal-container exited with code 1

cbioportal-container           | db.portal_db_name=cbioportal

cbioportal-container           | db.password=somepassword

cbioportal-container           | mysqladmin: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

'@'172.19.0.4' (using password: YES)3-03-29T23:08:42.905203Z 120 [Note] Access denied for user 'cbio_user'
Please help with this issue

Best regards,

Niharika Toom

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 3, 2023, 2:35:02 PM4/3/23
to niharika toom, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group

Hi Niharika,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you elaborate on how you are running cbioportal docker compose. Are you using the exact setup here:

https://github.com/cBioPortal/cbioportal-docker-compose

Or are you connecting to a different mysql database?

Thanks!

Ino

Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted from
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center may be privileged, confidential,
and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or other use of this communication or any of its attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups
from your computer.

Disclaimer ID:MSKCC

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 3, 2023, 3:20:08 PM4/3/23
to niharika toom, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Niharika,

It looks like a particular table doesn’t exist according to the log you shared. I’m guessing something went wrong the first time you set up the database. Can you delete all the volumes and try again from the beginning:

docker-compose down -v

Then try to connect to the mysql database and check if you see the table there

Thanks!

Ino

From: niharika toom <niharik...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:05 PM
To: de Bruijn, Ino <debr...@mskcc.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cbioportal] database error

Yes. I am using the same documentation. Below is the attachment of my error. I'm running all containers except the database container. I'm receiving database errors. Thank You, Niharika Toom On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 2: 35 PM de Bruijn,

Yes. I am using the same documentation.
Below is the attachment of my error. I'm running all containers except the database container. I'm receiving database errors.

Thank You,

Niharika Toom

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 3, 2023, 3:26:45 PM4/3/23
to niharika toom, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Can you share the logs you see when you start from scratch?

Could you also provide:

  • The version of cBioPortal you are running (this is in the .env variable)
  • The commit id of the cbioportal-docker compose repo
  • Operating system
  • Hardware specs

Thanks!

Ino

From: niharika toom <niharik...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:23 PM
To: de Bruijn, Ino <debr...@mskcc.org>

I did the same but I am getting the same error. Could you please help me with this? Thank you, Niharika Toom On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 3: 20 PM de Bruijn, Ino <debruiji@ mskcc. org> wrote: Hi Niharika, It looks like a particular table doesn’t

I did the same but I am getting the same error. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you,

Niharika Toom

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 3, 2023, 3:47:57 PM4/3/23
to niharika toom, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Niharika,

To clarify: are you saying you were able to get the cBioPortal docker compose setup running now but you are having trouble to import studies?

Thanks so much!

Ino

From: niharika toom <niharik...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:38 PM
To: de Bruijn, Ino <debr...@mskcc.org>

May I know the issue of working on importing studies? https: //docs. cbioportal. org/deployment/docker/ Thank You, Niharika Toom On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 3: 32 PM niharika toom <niharikatoom09@ gmail. com> wrote: Hello Ino, Thank you for your

May I know the issue of working on importing studies?

Thank You,

Niharika Toom

On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 3:32 PM niharika toom <niharik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Ino,

Thank you for your email. I switched from arm64 to arm64/v8, which does not work with my laptop. It is now loaded and ready to use the localhost.

Thank you

Niharika Toom

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 4, 2023, 10:29:39 AM4/4/23
to niharika toom, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good

What is the issue you see in the logs when importing?

Thanks!
Ino

From: niharika toom <niharik...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:49 PM
To: de Bruijn, Ino <debr...@mskcc.org>

Yes, Ino. Thank You, Niharika Toom On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 3: 47 PM de Bruijn, Ino <debruiji@ mskcc. org> wrote: Hi Niharika, To clarify: are you saying you were able to get the cBioPortal docker compose setup running now but you are having

Yes, Ino.

Thank You,

Niharika Toom

de Bruijn, Ino

Apr 4, 2023, 5:05:46 PM4/4/23
to niharika toom, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niharika,

It still looks like something went wrong with initializing the database somehow. It says the cancer type is not there. Can you check whether there is anything in the cancer_type table of the MySQL database? If it's empty I would suggest to start from scratch again. Make sure to delete the entire repository and clone it

Thanks!
Ino