Deya Alzoubi

Dec 6, 2022, 4:38:55 PM12/6/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hello cBioPortal teams,
I have created a cBioPortal local instance and I want to upload my data into it, I have read all of the documentation regarding uploading data into cBioPortal.
but all documentation showed examples of uploading ready data files (prepared files) that match the cBioPortal file format and rules!!!
but there is not any example of how these data are converted/prepared into compatible cBioPortal files " https://docs.cbioportal.org/file-formats/"

for example, how the dataset from this paper "https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24336570/" is prepared into files that are ready to upload "lgg_ucsf_2014 study".

would be great if you can show the cBioPortal community an example of such a case.

Best,
Deya

Priti Kumari

Dec 6, 2022, 4:47:32 PM12/6/22
to Deya Alzoubi, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deya,

Unfortunately, we do not have such an example. Depending on your data source you could write custom code/script to process and generate cBioPortal format files. We do provide a validator to check the data files. You can find more information here: https://docs.cbioportal.org/using-the-dataset-validator/

Thanks,
Priti