Lollipop of APC starts at exon 2 instead of exon 1

Aula Ammar

Jun 24, 2024, 9:59:44 AMJun 24
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am trying to generate a lollipop for APC however I am not sure why the lollipop map starts at exon 2-16 instead of 1-15? The gene should have 15 exons but I am not sure why it is coming up like that.

It would be great if you can let me know how to fix this. I tried that with your data and with my data but I am always getting exons 2-16 .

A screen shot is shown below

Thanks

Aula

Nikolaus Schultz

Jun 26, 2024, 9:20:28 AMJun 26
to Aula Ammar, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aula,

The first exon of the APC isoform used in cBioPortal is non-coding. The start codon is in exon 2, which is why that is the first exon shown in this protein diagram.

Niki.

<image001.png>

Aula Ammar

Jun 26, 2024, 5:22:23 PMJun 26