Sample Size Variance Consulting

eric...@tongji.edu.cn

Dec 6, 2022, 4:38:33 PM12/6/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir or Madam,

Have a nice day!

My name is Ye Lin, a urologist and doctoral supervisor at Shanghai East Hospital, School of Medicine, Tongji University. Currently working on the similarities and differences of genomics between upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC) and urothelial carcinoma of bladder (UCB). When my team and I downloaded the cohort of “TMB and Immunotherapy (MSK, Nat Genet 2019)”, we found that its sample size was not 1661 cases of mutation or structural variants as claimed, but 1610 cases. Attached is the matrix I extracted from the mutation data for this cohort. I ask if the difference in sample size is caused by the authors updating the data, if you can answer my confusion, I would be pretty appreciated for it.

Your Sincerely,
Lin Ye
Department of Urology at Shanghai East Hospital, School of Medicine, Tongji University
No. 150 Jimo Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 200120, China
E-mail: eric...@tingji.edu.cn

mut.txt

Priti Kumari

Dec 7, 2022, 2:59:16 PM12/7/22
to eric...@tongji.edu.cn, cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lin Ye,

It's possible that not all samples had a mutation event. The cohort includes 1661 cases, but only 1610 have mutation events reported by MSK-IMPACT assay.  For more information on the assay please refer to this paper: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25801821/

Thank you,
Priti