About GBM and Sample types

1 view

Seyma Bilgin

Jul 26, 2021, 2:54:18 PM7/26/21
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a new user of cBioPortal. I've been working on Glioblastoma multiforme studies. Does the ''Sample Type / Primary'' meaning one of the GBM subtypes such as ''Primer GBM'' ? Or does it point out different information ?

Best regards,

Seyma Bilgin

JJ Gao

Jul 26, 2021, 3:09:26 PM7/26/21
to Seyma Bilgin, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Seyma,

Sample Type of primary means the sample was from the primary tumor. Other types could be recurrence and metastasis.

Best,
-JJ

JJ Gao

Jul 29, 2021, 1:39:18 PM7/29/21
to Seyma Bilgin, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Seyma,

Sorry for the late reply. Would you please send me the URL of your query?

Thanks,
-JJ

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 3:45 PM Seyma Bilgin <seymabil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jianjiong,

Thank you for that information. Additionally, I wonder about another thing. When I selected the Proneural subtype of GBM, the tables show that almost all patients have IDH wildtype. However, the Proneural type is known with %93 point mutation at IDH1. So how can we interpret this inconsistency?

Best regards,

Seyma Bilgin