Fwd: invitation: Professors. Jones, Kobrak, Silverman & Womack on the study of business history, Apr 3

Andrew Ross

Mar 6, 2014, 10:35:51 AM3/6/14
to cbh...@googlegroups.com
Chris Kobrak of Rotman asked me to forward this invitation to the group.

Please note that pre-registration before April 3 (noon) is required.

AR

From: Rotman Events
Subject: invitation: Professors. Jones, Kobrak, Silverman & Womack on the study of business history, Apr 3

Thursday, April 3, 2014 - 3:00-3:29pm registration; 3:30 sharp to 5:00pm panel discussion and Q&A
Rotman School of Management, U of Toronto, 105 St. George Street, Toronto (Fleck Atrium, ground floor, north building)

All current Rotman MBA, MFin and PhD students, faculty and staff are invited to register free of charge in this next session of our ongoing Business History Experts Speaker Series @ Rotman

Registration check-in will be available from 3:00-3:29pm registration. At 3:30 sharp, Chris Kobrak, Wilson/Currie Professor of Canadian Business and Financial History, Rotman School of Management, U of Toronto and Professor of Finance, ESCP Europe will introduce our 3 panelists:

Geoffrey Jones, Isidor Straus Professor of Business History and Faculty Chair – Business History Initiative, Harvard Business School, Harvard University;
Brian Silverman, J.R.S. Prichard and Ann Wilson Chair in Management and Professor of Strategic Management, Rotman School of Management, U of Toronto; and
Kent Womack, Manulife Chair in Financial Services and Professor of Finance and Integrative Thinking, Rotman School of Management, U of Toronto

Professor Kobrak will moderate an on-stage discussion with our experts. The topic of their discussion is “The Use and Abuse of Historical Study to Management.

SYNOPSIS: Our experts will discuss the opportunities and issues of integrating an historical perspective in management.  Their short presentations are intended to stimulate a lively conversation among the attendees about the dangers of expecting too little or too much from the study of business history in varying social contexts over time.

‘Dress code’ is business casual. Pre-registration is required to attend: please sign up online at www-2.rotman.utoronto.ca/april3 by noon on April 3.
If you know people outside Rotman who might wish to attend, please forward this invitation to them. There is no fee this session, but it is mandatory that all who wish to attend register by noon on April 3rd.
We hope that you’ll attend.
Rotman Strategic Events Team – Steve Arenburg, Jennifer Hildebrandt and Amy Fong