Canadian Business History Workshop (5 April 2013)

Andrew Ross

Mar 18, 2013, 10:40:04 AM3/18/13
to cbh...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to the second Canadian Business History Workshop, which will feature a roundtable on Canadian multinationals and the discussion of a draft paper on Canadian management theory (circulated in advance). The workshop will be held at the Schulich School of Business, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto on Friday, 5 April 2013. (For a directions, public transit and a map, please see: http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/client/schulich/Schulich_LP4W_LND_WebStation.nsf/page/Exp+Directions+Accommodations?OpenDocument).

We will start from noon onwards with lunch, which is kindly offered by the Chair of Business History at Schulich. Please make your way to the Schulich Dining Room on the Ground floor, where we have reserved a table.

The workshop itself will take place in Room W357 with the following programme:

1.30-3.00 pm              Roundtable discussion on the history of Canadian multinationals with, among others, Professor Mira Wilkins (Florida International University)

3.00-3.30 pm              Coffee break

3.30-4.30 pm              Patricia Genoe MacLaren (Wilfrid Laurier University) and Albert J. Mills (St. Mary's University), "An analysis of Canadian management theory: Where it is, and why we need it"

To facilitate planning please confirm attendance by sending an email to Matthias Kipping (mkip...@schulich.yorku.ca). Even if you cannot attend, but are interested in future events and news about Canadian business history, please join the Canadian Business History Group / Groupe d'historiens des affaires canadiens, accessible at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/cbh-hac

Please forward this message to all those you think might be interested.

Best regards,
Matthias Kipping, Schulich School of Business
Andrew Thomson, Schulich School of Business
Robert  Kristofferson, Laurier Brantford
Andrew Ross, University of Guelph

(Apologies for cross-posting)