Auto Complete does not work properly

Игорь Аверьков

Jan 3, 2021, 7:42:36 AM1/3/21
to CBFortran
Hello ,
Previously, in version 1.5, word remnants were removed during auto completing of declared variables. Starting from version 1.6, word remnants stay in the end  during auto completing. Is this a bug or is there a setting?

Darius Markauskas

Jan 4, 2021, 2:48:09 AM1/4/21
to cbfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Yes, this behaviour was changed in the past. It more corresponds to C::B behaviour for C++. There are no settings for this behaviour. Remnant is still removed during auto complete if it is in the auto-complete list.
Does somebody like old behaviour?

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 13:42, Игорь Аверьков <igora...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello ,
Previously, in version 1.5, word remnants were removed during auto completing of declared variables. Starting from version 1.6, word remnants stay in the end  during auto completing. Is this a bug or is there a setting?

Игорь Аверьков

Jan 4, 2021, 9:12:43 AM1/4/21
to CBFortran
Thank you,  Darmar !
I like very much old behaviour . In the current version  Remnant   is deleted, then suddenly it is not deleted. More often not deleted. This leads to unnecessary actions to remove the remainder of words.

понедельник, 4 января 2021 г. в 10:48:09 UTC+3, darmar:

Игорь Аверьков

Jan 4, 2021, 9:21:01 AM1/4/21
to CBFortran
Example:
Is written:   C % TotalSig   end not right and i do not remember how . I place cursor right after  C % Total, then press Ctr + space bar  and appears the hint "C % TotalSignal". I select this and as result i get written:  C % TotalSignalSig  instead of  C % TotalSignal as it was in version 1.5

понедельник, 4 января 2021 г. в 17:12:43 UTC+3, Игорь Аверьков:

Игорь Аверьков

Jan 4, 2021, 9:27:59 AM1/4/21
to CBFortran

I noticed that a complete replacement of a word occurs only in some very rare cases.
понедельник, 4 января 2021 г. в 17:21:01 UTC+3, Игорь Аверьков:

Darius Markauskas

Jan 4, 2021, 12:59:42 PM1/4/21
to cbfo...@googlegroups.com
I see two possible solutions for the future:
1) To add an option in the settings which restores old behaviour (always replace).
2) In some other IDEs 'Tab' key replaces the word, while 'Enter' key inserts.
I would prefer the second solution, but it requires some more changes in the IDE.
I can't promise, however I will write this change on my ToDo list.

Игорь Аверьков

Jan 5, 2021, 3:55:59 AM1/5/21
to CBFortran
thank you
It seems to me that hardly anyone will need both at the same time. Therefore, the first solution, in my opinion, would be more rational
Moreover, as I understand it, it is easier to implement
понедельник, 4 января 2021 г. в 20:59:42 UTC+3, darmar: