Jews' Next Dor Newsletter: July 20th, 2010

Illyria God King

Jul 21, 2010, 1:54:23 AM7/21/10
to Jews' Next Dor mailing list

Jews' Next Dor Newsletter: July 20th, 2010

Organizational changes have never been more exciting!

Message From the President

Shalom, Chaverim! Time is flying...and August is almost here, but JND has a lot in store over the next month summer.

I want to introduce the new board members of Jews' Next Dor. Thank you all for stepping up to plan events, conduct outreach, and ensure JND's continued success.

  • Sari Wisch, President
  • Aleeza Abramovitz, Immediate Past President
  • Shelley Timmins, Vice President
  • David Hoffert, Programming Officer
  • Moshe Zadka, Communications Officer
  • Ben Leitner, Treasurer
  • Phillip Chatoff, Historian
  • Shelli Carol, Outreach Officer
  • Aileen Menkin, Member-at-Large

Please contact any one of us with your ideas and questions at JewsN...@beth-david.org. We look forward to hearing from you!

Join us at our upcoming events:

See the Facebook group for details.

We have many events in August including Shabbat potluck, Meet and Greet, a pool party, and a special treat...our annual Apples and Honey Cookoff. Stay tuned for details!

The high holidays are just around the corner. If you are wanting to attend high holiday services at Congregation Beth David, please contact the CBD office at 408-257-3333 to request tickets. CBD is offering FREE and reduced cost tickets for JND members.

B'shalom,
Sari Wisch, President, Jews; Next Dor - Congregation Beth David's Young Adults Group.

Introducing the Board: Communications Officer

I'm Moshe Zadka, and I'm the Jews' Next Dor communications officer. As you might notice, Jews' Next Dor is undergoing some changes. The most visible one right now, since you are reading this, is that the newsletter has changed. Most communications to the Jews' Next Dor memebr, such as this newsletter, the events on facebook and more will be coming from the communications officer.

I would like to remind you all that Jews' Next Dor has plenty of internet resources that you can be using: we have a blog, a facebook group, a facebook page and a google group. If you have ideas on more technologies Jews' Next Dor can be used to communicate with its members and prospective members, please let us know by contacting us at jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org.

Upcoming Events

You can see our upcoming events at the facebook page or at the google calendar

Yidventure to Henry Cowell Redwoods

July 25th, 10:30am-9:00pm
Visit Beautiful Old-Growth Redwood Forests and a Fun Swimming Hole!

As usual, this outdoor adventure will have a few parts. Join for any or all! Beginners are welcome, particularly for Part 1. Note that we will be hiking almost completely different trails from the Yidventure we did here last year.

Last Thursday Laser Tag

July 29th, 7:30pm-10:30pm
Pick a codename, strap on a sensor pack, and feel lucky, punk! We'll play 3 games, first game at 8pm.

Berkeley Kite Festival

August 1st, 11:00am-5:00pm
Join Jews' Next Dor for a day watching kites in the Berkeley Kite Festival.

Pool Party

August 8th, 2:30pm-6:30pm
It's summer, it's hot. Bring your swimsuit and jump in the pool with the Jews' Next Dor.

Kiddush Klub

Every Saturday, 9:30am-1pm
Congregation Beth David -- 19700 Prospect Road, Saratoga, CA
The Kiddush Klub is an informal and unofficial gathering of Jews' Next Dor on our home turf, Congregation Beth David, on Shabbat mornings. Some of us come for services, others just for lunch, we'd love for you to join us for either or both. Services begin at 9:30am (you’re welcome to stumble in anytime) Kiddush begins around noon (12pm). We will be near the back. Consider this an open invitation to join us, and CBD, any Saturday morning.

Questions? jewsn...@beth-david.org.

Learn something new, or get more familiar with the service for next Jews' Next Dor Shabbat 2011.

Feedback

We want to hear from you! If we're doing a good job, let us know! And if you think we can do a better job, definitely let us know!

Event Survey | General Survey | E-mail us | Contact us

Volunteer

Jews' Next Dor is a 100% volunteer run group. Want to get involved? We need people to plan events, help with events, blog, host events, publicity, shop, come up with new ideas, and so much more. No time commitment is too small. If you want to help, let us know by e-mailing jewsn...@beth-david.org

About Jews' Next Dor

Jews' Next Dor ("Dor" means "generation" in Hebrew), Congregation Beth David's Young Adult Group (CBDYAG), is an active community of Jewish 20 and 30 somethings centered in the South Bay, CA . We enjoy multiple events a month including celebrating holidays, social action, educational and of course social events around the Bay Area.

About Congregation Beth David

Congregation Beth David is an egalitarian congregation affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. Located in Saratoga, CA, Beth David encourages its members to be active participants in creating a vibrant Jewish community throughout Silicon Valley. Our size enables us to support a broad spectrum of programs and activities to enhance Jewish knowledge, practice, and commitment.

Support the Shul by dropping off your used inkjet cartridges in the Shul lobby, by the front door.

Visit Us