Ten. Ten Dollar. Ten Dollar Meet & Greet!

1 view

Jews' Next Dor

Jan 4, 2012, 12:12:48 AM1/4/12
to cbd...@googlegroups.com

Hello from Jews' Next Dor

Ten. Ten Dollar. Ten Dollar Meet & Greet!

Friends & Neighbors,

Happy New Year! We look forward to having a great 2012 together. Along with 2012, we welcome our newly elected Steering Committee for the next 6 months. Each of us are focusing on a different need of the Jews’ Next Dor community. We hope you’ll find a little time to help us out and be part of one (or more) of our committees. No time commitment is too small or too big. You can contact us directly or at JewsN...@beth-david.org.

Yonatan B. - Programming
Ella G. - Communications
Daniel W. - Post Programming
Aleeza A. - Volunteer Development
Kristin S. - Culture
David H. - Steering Committee Chair
Ben L. - Finance/Treasurer

Thanks to David K. for stepping up to be our Recording Secretary. To see our picture or more about the Steering Committee and getting involved in our volunteer core see http://wp.me/p3HcM-U4.

In December, we got some great news from the Young Adult Department of United Synagogue of Conservative Judiasm: we’ve been awarded a micro-grant that we’ll be using towards Meet & Greet for the next 6 months. This means that all of our Meet & Greets between now and June will be just $10 each. Meet & Greets will continue to be on the 2nd Wednesday of the month (except in April, when it will be the first Wednesday, April 5th, to avoid conflicting with Passover). Our first $10 Meet & Greet will be January 11 at Buca di Beppo in Palo Alto http://wp.me/p3HcM-TH.

Our volunteers, with the support of our Steering Committee, make a lot happen each year on a small budget. The money we got from USCJ can only be used on Meet & Greets, so to help further fund the ideas and needs of the group, we’re holding our 2nd Annual Talent Show Benefit for Jews’ Next Dor (http://wp.me/p3HcM-Rk) on Feb. 4th in the evening.  Proceeds from this event will go to support our programming this year. That’s where you come in, in two very important ways.

First, we can’t have a show without performers, so sign-up to perform by filling in the form at http://bit.ly/performersignup. Do you sing? Dance? Play an instrument? Juggle? Perform spoken word or poetry? Practice martial arts? Design clothes? Write comedy? We’d love for you to be a part of our show, as a solo act or grouped with others. Please keep your act family-friendly. Thanks to those of you who have already signed-up to share your awesome talents. Today is the sign-up deadline so please take a couple minutes to sign-up now.

Second, if you’re not the performing type, you’re still important to the success of our talent show, because we need you at the show. Here’s four ways you can help us out.
1) Come to the show; bring your friends and family too.
2) Help us spread the word. Invite everyone you know to the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/172887076133790/ and share the blog post at http://wp.me/p3HcM-Rk. Tickets are available online at https://www.wepay.com/tickets/view/63643 for $8 in advance for ages 13+ or $10 at the door. Ages 12 and under are $5 anytime.
3) Volunteer. If you’re not performing, we need a few volunteers to help run the house, be stagehands, setup, clean up, sell tickets, and the like. If you can’t be at the show, you can help by providing baked goods for refreshments. Contact JewsN...@beth-david.org to volunteer.
4) Have a visual art (sculpture, painting, photography, jewelry, etc.) to display or possibly sell to showgoers? Jews’ Next Dor would love to showcase your work as well and donations from your proceeds will go towards our programming. If you’re interested, contact us at JewsN...@beth-david.org right away so we can plan for this appropriately.

As always, we have many other exciting events this month as well: ballroom dancing (http://wp.me/p3HcM-SR for more details), and Wisdom & Witdom with Doug Brook (http://wp.me/p3HcM-U6) to name a few.  We look forward to seeing you several times in the coming weeks.

Thank you to all the volunteers who helped make our November and December events possible. There really are a lot of you, so we’re not going to list you here, but you’re each a valuable part of our community, and we truly appreciate your support and participation. We look forward to working with you in the coming months.

We look forward to seeing you and your Jewish 20 & 30 something friends,
Aleeza, Ben, Daniel, David, Ella, Kristin & Yonatan
JewsN...@beth-david.org

http://cbdyag.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/ten-ten-dollar-ten-dollar-meet-greet/

Jews' Next Dor ("Dor" meaning "generation" in Hebrew) is an active community of Jewish 20 and 30 somethings centered in the South Bay.
Our Young Adult community is comprised of singles and couples and is fully volunteer-lead.
We enjoy multiple events each month including celebrating holidays, social action/mitzvahs, education, and of course social events around the Bay Area.

Email us at: JewsN...@beth-david.org
Follow our blog at: http://cbdyag.wordpress.com