Jews' Next Dor: Laser Tag, BBQ, AIDS Walk and more

Jews' Next Dor

Jun 23, 2010, 12:24:44 AM6/23/10
to cbd...@googlegroups.com

Visit Us Online— http://cbdyag.wordpress.com

June 22, 2010

Message from the President
Shalom, Chaverim!  Got Summer?  The Jews’ Next Dor newsletter is back, and so are we – in full force with many events ahead.

I want to begin this letter by thanking Aleeza Abramovitz, Immediate Past President, for her five years of service.  I can easily say on behalf of everyone in JND, that Aleeza’s constant passion, dedication and guidance have made JND what it is today.  Thank you again for your selfless work and dedication for all of us.

In light of this, Jews’ Next Dor is now in transition!   My name is Sari Wisch and I am honored to be the new President.  I have been an active JND member for the past 1.5 years and look forward to the next year of JND.   We have many events and programs ahead, and I invite all Jews in their 20’s and 30’s to join our programs.  So keep an eye on our Save the Date section.

First off, we’re continuing one of our new monthly events, Last Thursday Laser Tag.  Try it once and you’ll be hooked.

Want to get some fresh air and explore the Bay Area’s back yard?  JND is teaming up with Yidventure for another great outdoor event, Marin Headlands Extravaganza.

And what would Summer be without a JND July 4th Kosher Barbecue?  How much better is it with a July 5th Trip to Great America?

This upcoming Volunteer Meeting will be more important than most as we reorganize our Governing Committee!  So please come and be heard or see how you can help.

And don’t forget to Sign Up for Team JND as we once again join in AIDS WALK SF.  It’s a pleasant day for a good cause.

Sari Wisch, President, Jews' Next Dor, Congregation Beth David's Young Adult Group

Visit our Calendar of Events or FACEBOOK group for up-to-date event information. You can also subscribe to the Jews’ Next Dor Google calendar. To RSVP or plan a Jews’ Next Dor event contact us at jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org

7:30pm—9:30pm, Thursday, June 24, 2010
Laser Quest, 1400 N. Shoreline Blvd, Mountain View FACEBOOK

Come join us for our monthly game of tag, with LASERS! (Everything is better with lasers.)

So pick a codename, strap on a sensor pack, and make my day, punk!  We'll play 2 or 3 games. Cost is $9/game/person.

10:00am—8:30pm, Sunday, June 27, 2010
Marin Headlands Visitor Center, 948 Fort Barry, Sausalito
FACEBOOK

JND is teaming up with Yidventure for another great day outdoors, this time in the Marin Headlands.  The FACEBOOK page has A LOT of details, including carpool info.

We'll start off the day by visiting cute marine mammals, and hiking past great views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate. At the end of the day, we can even go for kosher Chinese food in the city! Feel free to join for part or all of this wonderful day.

12:30pm—4:30pm, Sunday, July 4, 2010
Private Home in Mountain View
FACEBOOK or jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org

We assert that the correct spelling of "Summer" is J-N-D B-B-Q.  Come see why on July 4th when we grill up some kosher goodness.The cost per person will be a flat rate of $15 – with any profit going to the JND general fund to help plan other awesome events for you – and will include your choice of a main course plus sides, dessert, and drinks.

See FACEBOOK for details and RSVP or email jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org.

9:30am-8:00pm, Monday,  July 5, 2010
California's Great America, 4701 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara
FACEBOOK BLOG POST

Come out and join Jews' Next Dor as we brave Demon Grizzlies and Screamin' Wombats. No, it's not a horror movie. It's the fun-loving land known as Great America!

We can obtain SIGNIFICANTLY discounted tickets($30 vs. $55)See the Facebook page or Blog Post for all the details.

7:30pm, Wednesday,  July 7, 2010
Private Home, Mountain View – RSVP for the address

Got ideas for an event?  Sure you do! We're fully volunteer led, depending on volunteers for all aspects of operations. We love our current volunteers, and welcome new ones and fresh ideas. If you cannot make the meeting, we still want your participation. Send your feedback,  event ideas, or if you'd like to become a Jews' Next Dor volunteer to jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org.

This upcoming meeting will be more important than most as we reorganize our Governing Committee!  So please come and be heard or see how you can help.

9:00am—12:30pm, Sunday, July 18, 2010
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
FACEBOOK

Every year Jews' Next Dor participates in AIDS Walk SF.  Help make a difference while enjoying a light walk through Golden Gate Park with great company!

The walk is on July 18, but we need people to sign up early so that JND can be counted.

Go here, click "Register Here"> "Register and Join a Team" > Select Team "Jews' Next Dor - 9980"

July  9 - Potluck Shabbat                         July 18 - AIDS WALK SF

July 11 - Another Pool Party!                    July 21 - 2nd Harvest Food Bank sorting

July 14 - Meet & Greet                              July 25 - Yidventure Hike

July 15 - Monthly Game Night                  July 29 - Last Thursday Laser Tag

This is your group. We want it to be what you want, and we don’t want to waste our volunteers’ precious time. This Fall we launched a General Survey along with our Event Feedback Survey.

Please, take a moment to either shoot us an email or take our short surveys. We really do read them. Please submit a separate survey for each event.

Saturday mornings
Congregation Beth David, 19700 Prospect Road, Saratoga

The Kiddush Klub is an informal and unofficial gathering of Jews’ Next Dor on our home turf, Congregation Beth David, on Shabbat mornings.  Some of us come for services, others just for lunch, we’d love for you to join us for either or both. Services begin at 9:30am (you’re welcome to stumble in anytime) Kiddush begins around noon (12pm). Look for us near the back. Consider this an open invitation to join us, and CBD any Saturday morning.

Questions? jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org.

Learn something new, or get more familiar with the service for next Jews’ Next Dor Shabbat 2011.

Jews’ Next Dor is a 100% volunteer run group. Want to get involved? We need people to plan events, help with events, blog, host events, publicity, shop, come up with new ideas, and so much more. No time commitment is too small.  Drop us a note with how you can help or that you’re willing to help to jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org

7:30pm, Wednesday,  July 7, 2010
Private Home, Mountain View – RSVP for the address

Got ideas for an event?  Sure you do! We're fully volunteer led, depending on volunteers for all aspects of operations. We love our current volunteers, and welcome new ones and fresh ideas. If you cannot make the meeting, we still want your participation. Send your feedback,  event ideas, or if you'd like to become a Jews' Next Dor volunteer to jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org.

Any time
Anywhere with an internet connection

Do you like to write?

Have an opinion on something Jewish, young adult , Israel, CBD, Bay Area Jewish community, or Jews’ Next Dor related?

Inquire about joining our blog team now.  We’d love to have your voice represented! There’s no frequency of posting requirement. Contact jewsnextdor[at]beth-david.org

Congregation Beth David is an egalitarian congregation affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. Located in Saratoga, California, [MAP] Beth David encourages its members to be active participants in creating a vibrant Jewish community throughout Silicon Valley. Our size enables us to support a broad spectrum of programs

and activities to enhance Jewish knowledge, practice, and commitment.

· Events Calendar

· Mid Month Mailers

· Shabbat Bulletin

· Membership Info

· Adult Ed

Support the Shul by dropping off your used inkjet cartridges in the Shul lobby, by the front door.

Jews’ Next Dor (“Dor” means “generation” in Hebrew), Congregation Beth David’s Young Adult

Group (CBDYAG), is an active community of Jewish 20 and 30 somethings centered in the South Bay, CA . We enjoy multiple events a month including celebrating holidays, social action, educational and of course social events around the Bay Area.

You don’t have to be a member of Congregation Beth David to be part of our group or attend our events. Our community is comprised of singles and couples and is fully volunteer run. We’re partially subsidized by and associated with Congregation Beth David in Saratoga, CA.

Don’t miss out on all the fun being had! We look forward to meeting you at a future event.

Jews’ Next Dor also serves as a resource for Young Jewish Life in the Bay Area.

image001.jpg
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
image012.jpg