Closing the tent

Steven Gelber

Nov 14, 2022, 8:07:04 AM11/14/22
to Cayuga Windsurfing Club
All,

We should close up soon . It’s getting cold .

Steve

with the word 'leave' (no quotes) in the body of the message.

NOTE: the email address to leave the list is different than the list address.
Additional information on email list options is available at:
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/elist/lyris/

Sharon Heller

Nov 14, 2022, 8:19:54 AM11/14/22
to Steven Gelber, Cayuga Windsurfing Club
Suan is away for a month, so don't rely on him to close up the shed. I think this weekend should be a good time to derig and close it up.

I think the tent should stay up. I think taking off the canvas every year is taxing on it, but I'm open to hear other points of view on this. Certainly keeping it on all winter could cause some weather damage.

When we got the newest tent, I inherited the old tent and had it repaired and have had it set up on my property for the last few years and it is holding up just fine and weathers the winters and winds without any problems.

Christopher Grant

Nov 17, 2022, 9:14:34 AM11/17/22
to Cayuga Windsurfing Club
Good morning -

I'm glad to help put things away...

I agree with Sharon - we used to have one just like that, the winter winds were hard on the corners where it rubs all the time and that's what eventually wore out. It lasted many years.

However perhaps it could be tightened down to reduce rubbing?

Are there old throwaway wetsuits that could be cut up and slid between the metal the tent cover in the upper corners?

Thank you all for the great sailing season!

Chris