Teaser announcement for mentoring for 2020 One Summer Chicago Program

Visto 8 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Bob Frank

no leída,
26 may 2020, 20:27:2726/5/20
a ca...@googlegroups.com

This year’s One Summer Chicago program^1 will be a 100% online experience so we are hoping to line up volunteers to provide 30-60 minute of virtual support to review code, be a sounding board for students, and to help guide them through their app design projects. Just like last year, students will be leveraging components of Apple's Everyone Can Code curriculum^2 and building their apps with Swift in Xcode. Many of these students are new to coding.

Volunteer opportunities will run July 20th through August 6th. Slots will likely be offered Monday through Friday between 10:00a and 4:00p CDT. We don’t have a volunteer schedule yet (working on that now), but there will be a number of 30-60 min “spots” available each week for a volunteer to virtually connect with a small group or students to provide mentorship (Zoom, Google Meet, etc). Please note that a One Summer Chicago instructor or facilitator will be present on all virtual calls with students.

Additional details will be shared at a later date. If you are interested in participating, please add your name and e-mail address to this Google form^3

1. https://www.eccchicago.org/
2. https://www.apple.com/education/k12/teaching-code/#develop-in-swift
3. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12evfD-iseoRyoy4b6ic-Ng95GNdSEOuuap4jxSN9vYU/edit?usp=sharing

Responder a todos